The Help Desk Specialist's main objective is to provide technical support to Enterprise internal and remote customers by resolving issues regarding system software/hardware and answering routine/ complex questions about technology usage. Will be a key contributor to the analysis and deployment of technology solutions to improve efficiencies throughout the enterprise.
location: Boca Raton, Florida
job type: Contract
salary: $17 - 22 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
- Provide multimedia support to customers (Phone, Internet, Instant Messaging, Email)
- Respond to requests for technical assistance via ticket system, in person and phone
- Ensure customer satisfaction by responding to inquiries in a timely manner and coordinating customer service needs with other departments as required
- Manage IT Asset Tracking for hardware deployment and return process
- Proactively work with internal end-users to schedule routine preventative maintenance
- Diagnose and correct routine and complex technical system issues
- Coordinate problem resolution and escalation process and consult with Level 3 team members to understand software and hardware errors
- Manage knowledge base publishing for support issues and update articles on a quarterly basis
- Communicate to appropriate internal personnel of issues with technical solutions deployed
- Other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
- Associates degree or higher
- Experience in IT Help Desk support team and/or network troubleshooting position.
- Experience Windows 7/10 and Server 2008/2012/2016
- Previous 24x7 support experience and flexible for on-call rotation. Flexible start times/shifts.
skills: Key Performance Indicators
- Successful in compiling and entering useful help-desk best-practices into the knowledge base system in order to eliminate recurring/redundant support calls/inquiries
- Number of timely and accurate Case closures with a focus on 1st call resolution
- Knowledge base entry utilization and quarterly updates on relevant topics showing self-service use-rates
- Customer satisfaction feed-back (post-support event feed-back surveys)
- Used to working in a remote environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.