job summary: Our client is currently seeking a Computer Client Support Analyst, Associate for a 2 year contract opportunity located in Sacramento, CA.
location: Sacramento, California
job type: Contract
salary: $14 - 17 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: No Degree Required
- Provides client desktop support with basic level technical understanding and capability (Tier 1) in Microsoft Operating Systems, Microsoft Office Suite and computing in an enterprise network environment
- In Tier 1 technical scope, effectively troubleshoots desktop and mobile computing devices, network and peripheral issues; identifies and engages needed resources to remedy problems; Diagnoses and resolves technical issues that require in-depth analysis, such as application, hardware, and software problems;
- Takes appropriate action (e.g., phone calls, pages, emails, etc.) to contact responsible support personnel to handle system wide events (e.g., system outages, software rollouts, down servers, application failures, etc.)
- After-hours analysts provide support after core hours.
- Contacts On-call support for urgent issues on applications used by clients
- Administers active 2-way communications and 'knowledge transfer' within assigned team/function, both planned/advance notice and real-time
- Fosters strong Teamwork culture intra and inter TSC, with team staff, colleagues, partners and stakeholders
- Create/Assign incident tickets and work orders based on priority, impact and complexity to the appropriate fix agents Must be able to follow through on assigned tags to completion
- Assesses and ensures process and work conforms to existing policies, standards and guidelines
- Correlate multiple customer issues identified with alarms / alerts received to eliminate duplication of events
- Monitor network devices, interfaces and applications through intelligent devices and automated programs across the PGE enterprise for alarms/alerts received from incidents, unauthorized or failed changes
- Manage alarms and alerts received from existing monitoring programs using previously defined business rules
- Completing documentation of service requests within established time frames
Please note that it is possible during this assignment that the work schedule may include Swing, Grave, or Weekend shifts.
- High School Diploma or equivalent o 1 year of IT service/help desk operations experience
- Complete service requests and troubleshoot computer and device problems via the telephone & web channels
- Standard knowledge and experience in MS Office Suite, MS operations systems, and enterprise network environment
- Strong client customer skills o Ability to learn quickly and transfer essential knowledge to team members
- Capable analytical skills
- Teamwork is essential
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrates work quality and efficiency
- Open and adaptable to change
- Passion for safety
skills: Desired Qualifications
- Two to four-year college degree and/or IT learning accreditation or certification or equivalent IT work experience.
- 1 year of general customer service experience in retail, or call center sales or service role
- IT technical experience in PC use, maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs, software & hardware installation
- Qualitative and quantitative analytic & problem solving skills
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly
- Organizational skills
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Is able to work independently or as part of a team
- Has novice/ basic knowledge of one or more of the following designated area: IT product line, operational process, Utility domain (e.g. Gas, Electric, Telecom Network, TCP/ IP)
- Adheres to Work Instructions and/or processes as defined in Run - Books and Playbooks
- Applies technical skills to resolve incidents of well-defined scope as specified by procedural guidelines
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.