Business Analyst Specialist
An IT focused BA. Excellent communication and analytical skills, Ability to analyze functional and non-functional requirements, release planning, release coordination. Engaging with Project teams for Release support activities
location: Reston, Virginia
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Assess production readiness and control compliance of releases and changes by reviewing and enforcing service management operational requirements. The individual will review requirements and design solutions to ensure that changes meet operational requirements.
- Manage transition of small to large projects including coordinating transition activities and communicating effectively to a diverse group of stakeholders, involving technical developers, architects and project managers within multiple IT groups, business area groups and external vendors.
- Create, bundle, track and report Releases by bundling related changes at the business initiative level using the Release Management framework.
In addition, this role involves creating Release processes and procedures, improving business processes, supporting systems to automate processes.
- Enforce adherence to the corporate standards as well as service management operational requirements in regard to the application development lifecycle by identifying risks and escalating as needed.
- Deliverables include operational readiness assessment documents, reviewed project artifacts such as operations and support handbooks, release tickets, questionnaire and supporting checklists.
- Understanding of end to end Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Interface between Business and Technical Teams.
- Experienced in: Requirement Gathering, Process/Data Flows Designs, Technical Spec design, Business Analysis, Translating business requirements to technical requirements, Defining Project Objectives, Feasibility Analysis,
skills: Knowledge of ITIL Framework including Change, Release, Incident, Knowledge Management & CMDB processes, understanding of architectural and infrastructure environments and technical writing and documentation. Relevant Experience: 5+ Years
Qualification: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology|
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.