System Administrator I - IT
Administers, develops, runs tests on, implements, and maintains operating system and related software. Establishes and implements standards for computer operations for compatibility between hardware and software, according to specifications and parameters. Troubleshoots and resolves software, operating system, and networking problems. Schedules, performs, and monitors system backups and, when necessary, performs data recoveries. Responsibilities differ from those of an Operating Systems Programmer in that the Systems Administrator is not responsible for altering operating system's software codes. 1-3 years of experience. If you have had any responsibility for or participation in judicial, administrative, regulatory or other oversight proceedings involving Client or any of its affiliates, please identify the agency or department, the dates of your employment, and the nature of your responsibilities, including a list of any proceedings involving Client or any of its affiliates. NOTE: Only answer this question if you have worked with the government or other agency involved with Client oversight.
- This role will act as the SharePoint System Administrator and Architect for the Transmission Engineering - Carolinas West Department. The position will involve end to end SharePoint platform administration & support tasks. Basic responsibilities include the administration and management of SharePoint sites, along with designing and configuring new and existing SharePoint sites to support business needs.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Review and evaluate multiple SharePoint sites currently utilized by the department.
- Review and evaluate how the department's SharePoint sites integrate with other business units throughout the company.
- Work with the Process Improvement Team Lead to gather feedback from departmental groups and other business units on ways to improve the use of SharePoint sites. Determine if any new sites that need to be created.
- Identify detailed improvements to make and the framework of any new sites to create.
- Work with the Process Improvement Team Lead a plan for SharePoint site rebuilds/restructuring.
- Evaluate current Nintex workflows within SharePoint sites. Reconfigure as deemed necessary.
- Migrate and build detailed SharePoint Document Libraries in new and existing SharePoint sites.
- Work with IT partners to establish external interfacing SharePoint sites with Vendors.
- Develop and implement metrics/reporting tools for various SharePoint sites and libraries.
- Contribute to definition, review, documentation and communication of standards and best practices surrounding SharePoint.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline; OR a minimum of 5 years of related business experience in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum 2-4 years as an IT Application Analyst or equivalent.
- Advanced competency in Microsoft SharePoint 2013 and 2016.
- 1-3 years coding/programming, trouble-shooting, problem-solving, logical design, SQL coding, Business Requirements analysis, vendor management, root cause analysis
- Advanced competency in Nintex Workflows and it's compatibility with SharePoint
- Knowledge surrounding other workflow engines compatible with SharePoint 2016
- Working knowledge of Linux/Windows operating systems
- Proven troubleshooting & issues resolution skills
- Ability to analyze & communicate root cause and resolution steps
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Continued growth as a technical expert in data integration technologies and solutions
- Ensures data integrity; recommends action to maintain data integrity; establishes process / procedures for ongoing data cleanup
- Provide security administration support with respect to users and privileges within SharePoint sites.
- Exhibits strong business knowledge and builds strong customer relationships
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.