Deskside Support Technician
Our large, international financial client in Washington DC is seeking skilled, customer service oriented deskside support technicians for long term, contract opportunities. We are seeking accommodating, professional candidates for this open position. This long term contract opportunity is metro accessible and typical work hours are between 8am and 6pm Monday through Friday.
The successful candidate will serve as the primary support resource for all technical IT matters under his/her purview in Washington, DC. The successful candidate will provide ongoing support for his/her respective department and any visiting staff from Country Offices who are working with the same department. bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
location: Washington, Washington, D.C.
job type: Contract
salary: $21.76 - 23.16 per hour
work hours: 8am to 6pm
Be the primary point of contact on all matters related to hardware, software, and communications support for the department
- Work closely with other IT support elements
- Assist in the decision making/planning process of IT needs at the beginning/end of each fiscal year
- Order standard IT equipment for the department and see to the disposal of retired equipment
- Maintain a proper inventory of all IT related equipment and software, which is reported on a quarterly basis
- Participate in the evaluation and piloting of new products and services (both hardware and software)
- Identify and propose IT applications that support the Department's work and assist in the development and implementation of the application
- Provide IT training for staff members, particularly for newly hired staff
- Administer information security standards, including requesting IT accounts (Notes and Windows), SecurIDs, and remote connectivity accounts (as applicable)
- Provide expertise on all client Standard Software and Corporate applications
- Follow up on all fixes and repairs on IT products in the department
- Setup video-conference, audio-visual equipment, and other electronic devices for presentations or conferences
- Prepare laptop PCs for travel abroad
- Train laptop users in remote access systems, such as SSL VPN, Fiberlink, and Webmail and Notes replication
Educational and Technical Qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Information Systems Management, or related field
- Role Specific Experience: 2+ years of experience in a technical environment or in the area of customer support in a technology environment in a large commercial enterprise environment
- Hands-on experience with resolving common problems in the area of Computer Hardware, Notes EM systems, Remote Access, and Network communications
skills: Certification Requirements:
- Industry certifications such as A+.MCP , CLA, ITIL Foundation, etc. (preferred)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to guide a team of IT members to achieve result
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.