Entry-level professional role. Basic help desk skills with moderate level of proficiency. Works under close supervision while learning different aspects of level one support. Recognizes importance of customer satisfaction and works towards achieving high levels of customer satisfaction daily. Demonstrates effective customer service through use of soft skills and troubleshooting skills when dealing with external clients and vendors. Can handle a high volume of calls and is able to resolve a majority of client issues by asking probing questions to define issues. Resolves client issues efficiently and effectively by having a good understanding of different systems, applications and support procedures. Collaborates with team supervisor and peers to resolve more complex and critical issues. With guidance and coaching, can identify and escalate complex issues to level two support areas. With supervision and mentoring, is able to learn and identify root cause of more complex issues and identify troubleshooting steps for future client inquires. Typically requires 1 year of professional work experience and post high school education.
location: Norcross, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 22 per hour
work hours: 8am to 6pm
- Provides day-to-day technical support for network infrastructure and desktop systems software and hardware.
- Provides effective customer service in a 24X7X365 production environment - rotating on-call and holiday support may be required.
- Utilizes soft skills and troubleshooting skills to resolve client issues and questions.
- Asks probing questions to gather relevant information on routine and complex calls.
- Uses effective listening skills to develop an understanding of client questions or issues.
- Installs, configures and troubleshoots desktop systems, workstations, servers and network issues in a heterogeneous environment.
- Documents, tracks and monitors client incidents in ticketing system to ensure a timely resolution.
- Prioritizes and escalates support incidents and requests based on business impact and documented guidelines.
- Maintains passwords, data integrity and file system security for the desktop environment.
- Communicates highly technical information to both technical and nontechnical personnel.
- Recommends solutions, including new acquisitions and upgrades.
- May participate in development of information technology and infrastructure projects.
- Other related duties are assigned as needed.
- Experience working in a technical call center.
- Technical background with trouble shooting and problem solving skills for ATM and /or POS terminals. Hardware and software support required for at least one of the following. Credit Card, Gift Card, Debit Card or Check Scanners/readers
- A high school diploma or GED is required for this role.
skills: - Ability to verbalize or express complex technical concepts effectively in writing and overall excellent communication and customer interface skills
- Skill in troubleshooting and using diagnostic tools for client accessibility problems to applications and network ( e.g., resetting password, bouncing PU, resetting remote devices)
- Knowledge of basic problem resolution and escalation practices
- Ability to provide appropriate level of support and guidance with Client applications and procedures
- Effective use of listening skills to develop an understanding of client inquiries and problems
- Excellent team player
- Self-motivated to learn new technology and new ways to deliver support
- Shows enthusiasm when providing technical support
- Stays up-to-date with the latest technology
- Problem Solving and critical thinking skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.