Sr. Java Developer
Looking for a strong Sr. Java developer with in-depth core Java knowledge.
location: Wilmington, Delaware
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 60 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Roles and Responsibility:
- 75% time spent developing code.
- Responsible for the technical integrity of our Applications.
- Analysis and estimation of future work impacting our team.
- Works closely with the Scrum Master to break down complex Features/Stories into well understood and achievable tasks.
- Partner with Architects on the design and architecture for our team's deliverables.
- Be an active developer and contributor to the team's delivery. Take the lead on solving and implementing difficult technology challenges and drive our team to successful delivery.
- Work closely with BA/QA team members to create test plans and ensure that issues are properly identified, fixed, and tested.
- Ensure development quality is being tracked and improved using techniques like Unit Testing and Peer Review.
- Cultivate and introduce (where appropriate) Agile engineering practices including: Pair Programming, Continuous Integration and Test Driven Development.
- Strengthen the presence of our team as a Technical center of excellence. Actively work with other leads to align to a consistent technology vision and keep the rest of the organization aware of our activities.
- Mentor team members to progress their technical and professional skills.
- Java - Expert-level implementation skills with Java and J2EE.
- Spring - Expert-level implementation skills with the Core Spring Framework and including other sub-projects like Spring JMS, Spring Security, Spring Data and Spring Integration.
- Database - Expert-level implementation skills with ORM frameworks like Hibernate/JPA. Must be highly proficient in SQL preferably across multiple databases.
- Messaging - Expert-level implementation skills with messaging platforms like MQ and JMS.
- Services - Expert-level implementation skills in building highly scalable services (SOAP and REST)
- Web - comfortable with building modern web applications using frameworks like jQuery, jQuery UI, and Bootstrap.
- Application Servers - Broad and deep understanding of Apache Tomcat.
- General - Comfortable in more than one programming language and have a firm grasp of fundamental web/internet technologies.
- TDD - Must have practical experience with unit testing including deep understanding of Mock Testing Frameworks like EasyMock or Mockito.
skills: Desired Experience/Skills:
- Continuous Integration - Experience automating builds with Maven using CI Servers like Jenkins/Hudson.
- Continuous Delivery - Experience with automated deployments.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.