job summary: Systems Admin Project Overview:
- Working with Building Operation Systems team which is part of CorpNet, with a focus on enterprise-scale IoT platform technologies.
- Responsibilities include turning up, configuring and maintaining infrastructure systems deployed in test lab environments, installing a wide variety of new/novel systems and technologies, along with performing basic QA and evaluation tasks.
- A SysAdmin, is a responsible for the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems.
- The SysAdmin seeks to ensure that the uptime, performance, resources, and security of the computers they manage meet the needs of the team.
- To meet these needs, a SysAdmin may acquire, install, or upgrade computer software; automate routine tasks, troubleshoot, provide technical support, and generally make sure stuff works.
location: Sunnyvale, California
job type: Contract
salary: $53.33 - 58.90 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
responsibilities: Overall Responsibilities:
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Focus Area: Network and Troubleshooting, Linux-based network troubleshooting (traceroute, tcpdump, wireshark, iptables, etc...)
- Standard networking protocols: DNS, DHCP, IPv6, STP, UDP/TCP, etc...
- OpenFlow and OVS/NFVs Focus Area:
- Platforms Core: Debian and Ubuntu, Docker Google Cloud Platform: GCE, PubSub, Cloud IoT IoT Systems:
- Raspberry PI, Android Things, MQTT
- Enterprise IoT Lab Manager: Manage physical IoT lab, setup, configuration, etc...
- IoT Deployment QA: Test new versions of systems and capabilities
- Documentation: Document deployment processes, operating procedures, etc...
BA/BS in Computers Science, Engineering, Systems Administration and/or equivalent
skills: Required Skills:
Nice to have Skills (not required):
- BA/BS in Computers Science, Engineering, Systems Administration and/or equivalent
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- 2-5 years of experience in a Systems Administrator role
- 2-5 years of install Unix/Linux systems experience
- 2-5 years of experience Network Diagnosing and Troubleshooting
- 2-5 years of experience working with Security and Authentication actions
- Some Lab Management Experience Strong QA (IoT Deployment preferred) Documentation (Process deployment)
- Ability to physically set-up systems equipment as needed and ensure all hardline wires and connections have been made
- Bachelor's Degree in Network Engineering Building Management Systems, HVAC, Building Construction Enterprise-Scale Networking Systems: Firewalls, gateways, etc...
- Likes fast paced, multitasking team environment Adapts to a changing environment, ambiguous requirements, creative problem solving Clear communicator with the ability to write technical documentation
- Independent operator, self-guiding, intrinsic motivation, manages small/medium projects Strives to improve the process
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.