Responsible for testing and ensuring quality in core and web-based Java applications to support all business areas and associated acceptance criteria. Creates and maintains automation scripts to ensure information systems services and programs meet acceptance criteria. Provides technical support to delivery teams which may include performance testing and creation of utilities to support testing. Plans and executes automation tasks and ensures testing standards are followed within team. Top skills
- Automated testing
- Selenium and Java
- SQL Testing
- API/Webservices EXP (XML)
- Background in UFT would be a nice to have for converting old UFT code to selenium
- Agile environment experience
location: Tampa, Florida
job type: Contract
work hours: 9 to 5
- s an agile team member, ensures the sprint objectives are completed in a timely manner, consistently achieving team commitments regardless of role.
- Adheres to the establishment of group standards and processes. Participates in the Community of Practice.
- Has an understanding of the business processes and the technology platform that enables it.
- Creates and maintains functionality of automation scripts using Selenium, Unified Functional Tester (formerly QTP) and other tools to increase testing productivity by providing technical solutions, utilities and process improvement initiatives
- Adheres to testing standards within scripts and mentors other team members to follow such standards. Adheres to up-to-date testing methodologies (such as BDD and TDD) and tools (such as Gerkin and Cucmber) to implement methodologies.
- Collaborates with stakeholders and agile team members to achieve business results. Analyzes acceptance criteria and provides feedback to business on development projects.
- As an agile team member performs functional testing (Java programs, Batch, Web) to ensure programs meet stated business objectives.
- Provides support for investigating and troubleshooting production issues.
- Works with team members and stakeholders to provide testing statuses, keeps team informed of new requests/changes in processes/procedures, including escalating testing issues and issues requiring management attention.
- Participates in industry and other professional networks to ensure awareness of industry standards, trends and best practice in order to strengthen organizational and technical knowledge.
- Takes on software testing tasks and works creatively and efficiently in troubleshooting and resolution of system issues.
Bachelor's degree and four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certified Software Tester (CSTE), Certified Software Quality Assurance (CSQA), Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL), Certified Tester Advanced Level (CTAL), Certified Software Test Professional (CSTP)
skills: Experience in the use of Selenium and Unified Functional Tester (UFT) is essential. Requires an understanding of the application of the agile development methodology. Requires strong SQL (or related) skills, manual testing experience, web based testing experience, experience with JAVA and/or GUI.? Experience with large databases a plus.? Network experience and/or experience with XML is helpful but not required. Experience with ALM and Version One is required. Strong communication skills needed to collaborate with other groups. Agile Competency Requirements:
- Requires an understanding of the application of Agile development methodology.?
- Must be comfortable with change, close collaboration, and have conflict resolution skills.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn Agile / DevOps values.
- Takes initiative and are passionate about what they do.
- Adaption, Ability & Desire to Learn, Team Oriented - tolerance & helpful, and Quality Focus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.