job summary: Overview:
Responsible for the analysis, design, documentation, development, unit testing, and support of Data Integration and database objects development for software applications. Provides support and guidance regarding Data Integration and T-SQL best practices and development standards. Follows approved agile methodologies, leading the design and development efforts for the agile team.
MUST HAVE: Strong SQL, ETL / SSIS (Not Oracle), data warehousing and Agile
location: Tampa, Florida
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
b.Must have strong knowledge in ETL / SSIS. (not oracle)
c.Must have strong SQL
d.Basic understanding of data warehousing
e.Need some experience with Agile Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with stakeholders and development team members to achieve business results. Work closely with other engineers to integrate databases with other applications.
- Responsible for design, development, and implementation of database applications and solutions for managing and integrating data between operational systems, data repositories, and reporting and analytical applications. This includes but is not limited to ETL, stored procedures, views, and functions.
- Recommends and provide guidance regarding Data Integration and database development, T-SQL best practices, and standards to the development team members as needed.
- Create and propose technical design documentation which includes current and future functionality, database objects affected, specifications, and flows/diagrams to detail the proposed database and/or Data Integration implementation.
- Has an understanding of the business processes and the technology platform that enables it.
- Translates stakeholder's requirements into common language that can be adopted for the use with Behavior Driven Development (BDD) or Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Participates in industry and other professional networks to ensure awareness of industry standards, trends and best practices in order to strengthen organizational and technical knowledge.
- Provides support for investigating and troubleshooting production issues.
- Participate in the establishment of group standards and processes. Participates in the Communities of Practice.
- Works continually on improving performance of source code using industry standard methodologies
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university (in Information Technology or Computer Science preferred), plus three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
skills: Prefer experience in Healthcare, PBM and/or ABM, workers' compensation and/or insurance industry.
- Required experience:
- 3+ years SQL Server 2008/2014
- 3+ years Data Integration technologies and principles
- Advanced knowledge of T-SQL including complex SQL queries (ex: using various joins and sub-queries) and best practices
- Experience with index design and T-SQL performance tuning techniques
- Experience integrating data from structured and unstructured formats: flat files, XML, EDI, JSON, EXCEL
- Working knowledge and experience in online transactional (OLTP) processing and analytical processing (OLAP) databases and schemas
- Experience with TDD / BDD
- The following knowledge is not required, but is preferred:
- Basic understanding of object oriented programming
- Experience in distributed architectures such as Microservices, SOA, and RESTful APOne
- Agile Competency Requirements:
- Requires an understanding of the application of Agile development methodology.
- Must be comfortable with change, close collaboration, and have conflict resolution skills.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn Agile / DevOps values.
- Takes initiative and are passionate about what they do.
- Adaption, Ability & Desire to Learn, Team Oriented - tolerance & helpful, and Quality Focus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.