Engineer Customer Support
What You'll Do
Cisco Security Solutions provides full lifecycle services for Cisco's top customers through delivery of advisory, integration, and managed services. Complementing the strongest portfolio of security products Cisco is in a unique position to deliver security outcomes for its customers. As a global business unit Cisco Security Services seeks to solve the most critical challenges of our customers throughout the world through high value services throughout their security journey.
location: Richardson, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $36 - 45 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
The HTTS organization is seeking a Security Customer Support Engineer (CSE) to join some of the industry's brightest minds in the service and development of today's most advanced Internet technologies. In this role, you will gain insight on the detailed functionality of Cisco security products and partner with all distributed elements of the service chain. You will have an aptitude and appetite for learning, a proven ability to resolve complex technical problems, excellent communication and teamwork skills, and be dedicated to customer success. This is a great opportunity for someone who seeks to become a technical expert, advance their career, and provide amazing value to customers while working with an industry leader.
- You possess a fundamental working knowledge of the networking industry, products and protocols.
- Some level of experience is preferred in at least one (two preferred) of the above mentioned Security disciplines.
- Working with customers, you can calmly handle critical network problems and can describe complex topics in a way that is appropriate to the expertise of the customer.
- You have strong technical, analytical and troubleshooting skills and be able to resolve the root cause of network problems.
- Review customer data in the form of network topologies, and crash, log, or other device files for anomalies.
- You deliver solutions that lead to problem resolution or mitigation with a high level of customer satisfaction
- You are able to effectively engage resources outside their team to resolve issues which may include other technical support engineers, account teams, partners, and development engineers.
- Typically requires BS in CS or EE or equivalent plus 4 to 7 years related experience.
- A current Cisco Certification is required, CCIE preferred.
Who You Are
- You provide technical support for Firewall, FirePower, AAA, and/or VPN security products to Cisco customers, partners, account teams, and other internal technical support teams.
- You can handle a wide range of technical support problems-from simple application or network configuration fixes to deeply complex troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Utilize moderate to complex lab setups to recreate and solve problems.
- Submit complete and correct defect reports with collaboration and supervision.
- Work with minimal supervision and exercise discernment within defined procedures to figure out appropriate action.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.