Randstad Technologies is seeking a Help Desk Support Staff
for exciting opportunity in Olathe, Kansas! General Responsibilities:
Provides proactive, high level of customer service to company employees on a variety of technical and support issues including or involving the following but not limited to: personal computer systems, operating systems, LAN/WAN, printers and application software. Responds to employee queries, runs diagnostic programs, installs hardware and software, isolates problems and determines/implements solution.
location: Olathe, Kansas
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 6pm
education: High School
responsibilities: Essential Role and Responsibilities:
- Respond proactively to telephone calls and emails sent to the Help Desk system as the first level of assistance.
- Open and/or close work orders (via Help Desk software) on each call received.
- Escalate problems and requests as necessary to ensure positive resolution.
- Conduct research on relatively simple issues and escalates issues that cannot be resolved in fifteen minutes to either a more senior Help Desk level or level two support.
- Create, modify and/or delete user accounts per the company policy and update appropriate documentation (e.g. account termination spreadsheet).
- Guide end users through troubleshooting procedures to restore technical service
- Re-image workstations and laptops (using current image software) when required.
- Accurately document user issues and troubleshooting steps, test results and resolution information within incidents and service requests
- Maintain an increasing level of proficiency in hardware, software, networking and other technologies supported by the IT Dept.
- Participate in company technology projects as needed.
- Maintain an accurate, timely record of hours spent on Work Orders and projects in time and accounting systems.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ Help Desk experience in an enterprise level environment
- Associate's degree in Information Systems or related field preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft operating systems at the level used in the corporation as well as desktop and laptop hardware.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite of products at the level used in the corporation.
- Experience with Microsoft Lync phone system
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange
- Knowledge of Client PC connectivity, e.g., Ethernet, TCP/IP, LAN/WAN and VPN
- Knowledge and understanding of Active Directory at the level used in the corporation.
- Knowledge and understanding of mobile devices, e.g., iOS, Android phones and tablets.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable violation history.
- Clear communication skills
- Time management skills
- Great customer service skills
- Team player
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.