RLGYJP00001926 Scrum Master: IV (Lead)
In this role, you will be working as a Scrum Master/Agile PM, where you will working for a large enterprise company that is new to Agile. Looking for someone that can articulate their Agile story/journey in a way that showcases their growth and experience in working for organizations that are new to Agile.
location: Madison, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 50 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
The Scrum Master/Agile PM's job is to deliver maximum value to the customer. The Agile Project Manager (APM) is responsible for managing the entire project life-cycle from planning, to leading, organizing, and motivating project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering agile projects that provide exceptional business value to users. The APM may be responsible for managing several concurrent projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions. Accountable for meeting agreed upon scope, cost, schedule and quality measures and preparation of documentation, status reports and budgets as well. In performing these roles, the APM will be expected to use a high level of knowledge and experience in blending traditional project management principles and practices with an Agile development approach in the right proportions to fit large, complex projects and with the appropriate level of planning and provide the right balance of agility and predictability. The APM may play a few different roles in actual practice including the role of Scrum Master.
As the Scrum Master this person will need to be the driving force for ensuring scrum is understood and enacted. Working in close collaboration with the Development Team Leader, they will be responsible for coaching the development team to self-organize and create high-value products and remove impediments to the Development Teams' progress. Facilitate daily stand-ups and supporting the team in following the Scrum delivery process.
In situations that require a hybrid Agile approach they will need to be able to use good judgment and skill to develop a project management approach that is suitable for planning and managing the effort to achieve the project goals within designated project constraints.
This role will also be expected to take on additional responsibilities beyond the scope of their immediate job, to be agreed upon on an individual basis.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as knowledge of both Agile, Scrum and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- A proven track record of successfully implementing projects using Agile methodologies and Scrum Framework
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies at least 2 years
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 10-15 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA and offshore Personnel
- Ability to provide leadership and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value
skills: - Project Planning and Management - Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects
- Team Management - Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members. Run daily, weekly and monthly agile rituals efficiently and strictly
- Product Owner Support - Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
- Process Management and Improvement -champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management. Implement structure changes and strategies that are generated by scrum retrospectives
- Team building - promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.