The .Net Developer
will be responsible for a lead role on the analysis, design, testing, implementation and support of the Global Field Financials project. Analyzes requirements, designs, develops and implements new solutions in an effort to align IT solutions with business initiatives. Evaluates, develops technical design specifications for existing or proposed systems and related procedures. The incumbent may also be responsible for leading mid-size to large projects.
location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 50 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
The Global Field Financials team is being created to develop, deploy and maintain the standard Field Financial System that will be used throughout global operations. This person will report to the Development Manager and will principally support the GFF Solution Development team and as well as support various work streams for the Business Process and Standardization Teams all working toward the advancement of the Global Field Financials project. This individual will be directly responsible for developing the software and the technical specifications which are outputs from functional requirements gathered from the business teams. This person will interact regularly with members of the field-based and tower-based user community, a broader internal and remote-based development team, and have regular interactions with members of the LOB and Country Management Teams and the Deployment team. Coordination with all the aforementioned teams to ensure that the system requirements are understood and implemented as planned
Detailed responsibilities include :
- Designing, developing, maintaining and supporting new custom-built .NET software applications
- Participating in workshops and meetings, facilitating and recording business requirements and preparing documentation.
- Participate in a lead role, overseeing and on occasion managing the on-shore and off-shore development efforts.
- Become the principal .NET application developer over a 12-18 month timeframe.
- Coordination with the business analyst and other members of the IT development staff to review and validate requirements and evaluate technical feasibilities
- Expected to develop time estimates for new or modified work items including constraints, dependencies and other variables under the guidance of the IT team.
- Coordinates with various on-shore / off-shore consulting practices an assimilate needs into several on-going work streams
- Participant on code reviews of cross-team members and complying in matters of standards and governance.
- Developing and maintaining technical documentation on current and future state of information technology systems, applications, interfaces and processes.
- Estimate and establish cost parameters for new development of software, interfaces and process improvements under the guidance of the IT team.
- Will be required to work with a project manager to collapse new project items into individual or comprehensive plans.
- Part time test scenario / case development and execution.
- Will complete work in accordance with corporate established SDLC processes.
- Research and analyze new tools / processes that can help the team become more efficient
- Participate in the code promotion and management processes (TFS)
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or a similar discipline is required coupled with the desire to succeed in an enriching development environment
- Demonstrated skills in the development and maintenance of enterprise-level systems
- 3+ years proficiency in technical development experience in a team environment
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in the full SDLC of Microsoft .Net applications including; planning, analysis, design, documentation, QA/testing, training and maintenance
- Proficient in development & support of integration components & web services
- Leadership in solution design and development and compliance to SDLC & enterprise standards
- Previous experience acting as an application architect
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating with stakeholders and business process owners is a must
- Experience with creation and maintenance of functional and/or technical specifications is required
- Experience with SSRS and SSIS or Report Design and ETL concepts a plus.
- Experience with Oracle databases and technologies a plus
- Experience with change control processes, code migration and management tools is required (ITG, TFS, etc)
- Experience with ERP Systems (Oracle, SAP, other) or equivalent demonstrated experience in general business concepts (including general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, purchasing, receiving, inventory) is a plus
- Experience with Testing Tool Suites (Microsoft, Quality Center, Telerik, etc..)
- Creative and flexible in attitude and style to adapt to new situations in a rapidly changing, dynamic environment
- Strong oral and written communications skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.