The ideal candidate should be a highly motivated and independent team player with understanding of Data Quality and Data analysis, advanced skills in SQL and PL/SQL, knowledge in modern Web technologies and Web services, background in Database Management and Integrity, QA and automated testing.
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 45 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Important aspect of Data Integrity and Consistency Specialist role is to analyze assay data and metadata for the correctness, completeness, integrity and high quality.
- Work to ensure that data flow properly across systems and databases, and is represented adequately in data reporting/visualization application so that it provides value to the scientific community.
- Conduct fact findings to identify specific data integrity/ consistency issues. Document findings in appropriate system (such as JIRA, Nebula Confluence, SharePoint and others) and provide detailed analysis of the issues identified- where problems occur and why. Collaborate with the other teams as appropriate toward specific issues resolution.
- Develop and/or execute large-scale proactive and on demand data quality assessments to validate consistency between source systems and various data warehouses. Develop recommendations to address Scientific Data Integrity issues and collaborate with data warehouse team to implement Data Integrity issues remediation.
- Development and maintenance of automated tools data for Data Integrity and Consistency function.
- Support scientific initiatives/projects/collaborations with the scientists in DAs, NIBR informaticians in developing complex queries, scientific data analysis, and issues with scientific data propagation throughout research data workflows.
- Advanced Data analysis and Issue Troubleshooting skills.
- Certified Oracle Developer and/or Oracle Database administrator. Advanced skills in SQL and PL/SQL. Working knowledge in database tools for data access and analysis (Toad, SQL Navigator). Knowledge in NoSQL databases is desirable.
- Understanding AWS cloud technologies, products and solutions is desirable.
- Expertise in Java, Java script and Json is desirable
- Basic knowledge and experience with XML and XSD.
- Ability to write small Web Services using PLSQL or Java Script. RESTful Web Services.
- Hands on experience in QA, Data Integrity and development of automated testing/ quality checks.
- At least 2-3 years' experience in pharmaceutical companies or biotech environment is desired.
- Ability to rapidly learn systems involved in modern pharmaceutical research, understand their back-end databases and data flows between them as well as comprehending business requirements.
- Proven effective communication skills, ability to collaborate with other IT groups; excellent customer service.
- Ability to work independently and/or as a member of a team.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.