The AVP of Data Science will provide leadership of an inventive predictive analytics and Client insights team that brings the power of data to drive business performance and create value for Clients.
Success in the role will involve:
- Managing directly a team of 12-15 (depending on rotational contributors) as they conduct 20+ projects/yr
- Aligning the Analytics & Insights team efforts to deliver the greatest benefit to Client and business outcomes
- Building a community of practice across the compan among the many people and teams who use large data sets and emerging data technologies.
- Advocating for data-centric business practices, including adoption of expert applications and common infrastructure.
location: Wellesley Hills, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $200,000 - 225,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
With direction from the VP Marketing, the AVP of Data Science will also be responsible for:
- Partnering with business P&L leaders in the U.S. and corporate teams, as well as colleagues in the U.S. Marketing team
- Formulating specific projects, prototypes and pilots based on understanding of business needs and opportunities
- Envisioning the future state of data science practices at the client in the U.S. with collaboration across the client's global enterprise.
- Managing budgetsand timelines within established parameters
You will lead a team and portfolio of work that is always evolving. Examples of "typical" past projects:
- Application of advanced modeling techniques to optimize underwriting, distribution and Client service processes
- Development and evolution of the Benefit Profile and Stop-Loss Benchmark, industry-leading data tools that allow the client representatives to provide Clients with objective context on the benefit plans and coverage levels for our products, leveraging our industry-leading datasets.
- Custom research, including innovative online communities that allow for ongoing surveying and dialogue with Clients and distribution partners
- Proof-of-technology tests for automating and accelerating core business processes
Candidates must have:
- Direct expertise in data science including conditioning, modeling, integration and visualization
- Experience with a broad range of applications and data environments, such as: R, Python, MatLab, SQL, SSRS, Tableau, Logi, Hadoop, Podium
- Strong knowledge of the fundamental statistical and AI underpinnings of data science
- Player/coach mentality, able to contribute directly to work as well as lead the function
- Commitment to data compliance and security protocols
Experience in the group employee benefits industry (life, disability, dental, vision, critical illness, accident) or in the health insurance industry, including self-funding and stop-loss, will be useful but is not required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.