The Manufacturing Systems & Information Technology (MSIT) support function at Framingham manufacturing sites is responsible to ensure that the computer and automation systems and associated infrastructure used in the manufacture, storage, testing, and distribution of company products are fit for purpose in accordance with company standards and industry regulatory requirements. This encompasses work processes that originate with the identification of a new or revised system, the design, installation, verification and validation of the system, the maintenance of the system in its commissioned/qualified/validated state and the retirement of the system at the end of its life.
The Automation Engineer assists more senior members to ensure reliable and smooth operation of all automation systems for a 24x7 commercial manufacturing facility. The AE works independently, under general supervision on projects that do not require significant independent decision making. The work performed is generally reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy by manager or lead engineers.
location: Framingham, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $69 - 72 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Support the configuration, administration and maintenance activities of the sites manufacturing computer and automation systems, including process control systems, building automation systems, manufacturing execution systems, and data historians.
- Assist in and/or lead in the design, development, and qualification of automated processes, equipment, and systems.
- Identify opportunities to improve existing processes, equipment, systems, and infrastructure.
- Directly support operations with troubleshooting and issue resolution with respect to computer and automation systems.
- An ongoing commitment to conducting our global business according to the highest legal and ethical standards, and to continually pursue excellence in the development and delivery of all of our products and services. This includes:
- Respecting the laws and operating within the applicable regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technological field and 2+ years of relevant work experience OR 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Computer, Science or related technological field and 1+ years of relevant work experience.
- Previous experience with DCS (DeltaV required).
- Effective written and verbal communications skills.
- Potential to be part of on-call rotation for off-hours site support.
- Requires working in an industrial manufacturing environment including gowning.
- Minimum experience for DeltaV Batch is 1+ years
- Exposure to or direct experience with regulated environments (i.e. cGMP, OSHA, EPA).
- Previous experience in a manufacturing or operations environment.
- Experience with one of the following Sanofi platforms: DeltaV, Allen Bradley PLC, Rockwell FactoryTalk software, OSISoft PI historian, or Werum PAS/X.
- Experience with computer systems validation practices (GAMP).
- Experience authoring and reviewing standard operating procedures, on-the-job-trainings, and other controlled documents.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.