One of our Austin clients is looking to add a Business Analyst to their team.
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 55 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
The Business Analyst gathers, analyzes, specifies, and validates the business needs of our customers. This includes interviewing users and gathering and compiling user requirements to convey to development teams throughout the agile software development lifecycle, testing, and training. The Business Analyst will also create the functional and/or technical requirements, along with user interface requirements, as needed to support business requirements. ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interview users and review existing documentation to elicit business requirements.
- Create software development lifecycle artifacts to document business requirements, functional specifications, and deliverables.
- Monitor support tickets related to the enterprise transaction system, and identify process or training related issues.
- Design and deliver project artifacts, including process workflows, business rules, wireframes, screen element specifications, user stories, and acceptance test cases.
- Design and develop materials and system structure, forms, and media that enhance insurance and document processes.
- Adhere to policies and procedures for the Information Technology Department.
- Conduct end-user and administration training classes.
- Ensure users and customers are provided professional, courteous, and timely responses and communications.
- Collaborate with systems analysts, developers, and subject matter experts to establish the vision and analyze tradeoffs between functional and performance needs.
- Recommend additions or enhancements to the company's hardware and software environment to provide the highest cost/benefit efficiency.
- Establish and maintain a library of technical documents and publications that support the insurance and document management systems.
- Accomplish organizational goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Review, analyze, and evaluate business system and user needs
- Interact with client stakeholders and SMEs facilitating workshops and interview sessions to perform effective analysis and determine requirements
- Perform requirement analysis and systems analysis, facilitating design and development of software solutions
- Work collaboratively with SMEs, systems analysts, technical teams, and project managers during the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Complete process mapping, definitions, and workflow documentation
- Work both independently and as an integral member of a team
- Responsible for ensuring unique business needs are properly translated to functional specifications
- Lead product demonstrations
- Assist with development of end-user and administration training materials.
- Provide end-user assistance regarding systems and related software.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, business, or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- At least five years' experience and knowledge in information technologies, processes, software development lifecycles, and strategic initiatives.
- Prior experience within the child welfare industry is preferred.
- Experience and familiarity with agile software development lifecycle methodology.
- Thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access and other Windows-based software applications.
- Skill in requirements elicitation and requirements management, as demonstrated by experience with, and preference for, types of documentation and requirements management tools such as JIRA
- Fosters collaboration toward a common vision and shared goals.
- Skill in verbal and written communication, as well as the ability to produce presentations, and to make public presentations.
- Works ethically, and with integrity, supporting organizational goals and values.
- Maintains confidentiality of information and uses information appropriately.
- Analyzes and interprets information accurately.
skills: Business Analysis, Agile, Word, Excel, Jira
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.