We are seeking an Android Engineer. We are a successful software firm based in Austin, Texas developing next-generation SmartApp technology for community banks and credit unions, including mobile and web. Our team works on an innovative, highly dynamic web banking application with a quickly growing user base. We strive to deliver the best experience for our users and customers while also maintaining a code base that is as simple and clean as we can make it. We work closely with product management, QA, and other teams throughout the life of a project. We love open-source, using the latest technologies to create outstanding user interfaces.
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 109,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
- 3+ years of application development experience on Android
- Must have experience developing Android apps.
- Deep understanding of Java language fundamentals (e.g. threading).
- Deep understanding of Android fundamentals (e.g. activity/fragment lifecycle).
- Familiar with web communication standards (e.g. HTTP, REST, JSON, etc.).
- Strong aesthetic sense of proper object-oriented design.
- Strong debugging and trouble-shooting skills.
- Strong knowledge of mobile security best practices.
- Ability to work with Android layouts without using the visual editor.
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written.
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills.
qualifications: Preferred Skills:
- Experience developing apps in a professional capacity (submitting to the store, etc.)
- Experience building apps using Gradle scripts and/or build automation tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Experience with JIRA
- Ability to live-demo and engage in technical discussion of past work
Unit testing framework integration and development
skills: Our ideal candidate is:
- A self-starter, able to find opportunities to add value and execute solutions.
- Excited about working in the growing financial technology industry.
- A collaborative team player that can adapt well to a changing environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.