IT Project Manager Senior
Planning and managing of several simultaneous IT information security and infrastructure projects. Deployment of information security product solutions (i.e., Identify & Access Management, Cybersecurity, Security Assurance, etc.)
- ITIL Foundation v3 certification.
- MBA or masters degree in computer science.
- Experienced Planview user.
- Experience with automated requirements and testing management
location: Reston, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $68 - 78 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
- Interacting directly with senior management regarding status, progress and issues.
- Responsible for full project life cycle management (from inception to closure).
- Manages and maintains project plan, project scope, and budget.
- Responsible for managing project related risks, issues, procurements, resource assignments, deployments, methodology deliverables, communications, and overall quality of project activities as well as customer satisfaction.
- Create and manage business cases which are used to gain approval of new project initiatives
- Experience managing the full systems development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Ability to create or drive automated project schedule development, including task definition, duration, and resource estimates, work breakdown schedule, contingency planning.
- Experience building and maintaining a project infrastructure including budget development, project charter, project planning, schedule management, requirements management, test planning and execution, control and assurance practices.
- Experience working with stakeholders to understand vision, business objectives, and critical success factors.
- Experience working with techniques and approaches related to the architecture/engineering, development, integration, and deployment of project phases.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and conference calls. This shall include scheduling the meetings; developing agendas and meeting minutes; providing and archiving required documentation; and documenting, tracking, and following-up on action items from the meetings.
- At least five years of experience as the lead project manager for IT information security or infrastructure (i.e., server, network, database, storage) related initiatives. Candidates must have led at least one project with a total budget of 1 million dollars or more and a minimum of 10 project team members.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Experience leading projects using an Agile methodology (preferably SAFe)
skills: Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to effectively communicate with small and large groups of business users as well as executive level personnel.
- Possesses exceptional organization, collaboration, and writing skills.
- Must be very detail-oriented with respect to documentation and communication.
- Strong leadership skills that inspire team confidence and respect while motivating team members in a creative and effective manner.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.