Our client is looking for a junior to mid-level experienced DBA, who has a background in supporting critical E-Commerce applications from the database perspective. They will be working with senior members of the DB development team, to adjust and develop solutions in accordance with organizational goals.
location: Bohemia, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $38.70 - 58.03 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
- The Application Support DBA will provide DB support to our client's mission critical E-Commerce applications
- Requires the potential candidate to co-develop database and data feed solutions, participate in the build and deployment cycle and contribute in all phases of development projects while providing support to existing clients
- Maintain and enhance database code to support web-based, mission-critical, high-volume, high-performance ecommerce applications
- Work with senior members of the database development team to develop solutions that meet business goals
- Develop and administer feeds (SSIS packages) to ensure flow of data and media to and from business partners
- Responsible not only for core DB functions but also SSIS packages and assisting application teams with end to end data flow and connectivity through web services
- Develop imports to and extracts from existing SQL databases
- Use various source and targets to build data feed flows - XML, Flat File, Services, and Functions etc.
- Database programming and relational design concepts in support of interactive and batch systems
- Participate in design and code reviews of solutions
- Diagnose and define DB performance issues with web-based applications
- Troubleshoot the issue to determine appropriate course of action, escalate issue, if warranted
- Respond to ad hoc requests for support and analysis
- Debug and analyze existing code with minimal documentation available, by analyzing database structures, querying, running Profile Traces, and reviewing SQL logs when needed.
- Performs analysis and makes development recommendations to improve application performance
- Performs others duties as assigned
- Must have 3 years of Microsoft SQL Server Development and Administration experience with SQL Server 2008 and later
- 3 years supporting a highly transactional e-commerce environment
- Strong experience with SSIS, ETL, ELT, TSQL and Stored Procedures
- Exceptional knowledge of various tools to troubleshoot issues. SQL Server Profiler, Index Tuning, query executing plans, optimization, statistics etc.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.