Walmart.com is looking for a Vendor Acquisition Manager to develop relationships with new brands and onboard them onto our site, which will make immediate contributions to our rapidly growing business. We are heads-down focused on growing and developing and expanding upon the millions of products and brands we offer to our customer?s daily. Our team is growing and if you are equally passionate about e-commerce, an opportunity with Wal-Mart eCommerce may be a great match!
The Vendor Acquisition Manager will partner with cross-functional teams to ensure new vendor acquisition is fully brought on-boarded at the best in class speed. He/she will assess new vendor opportunities (through research and attending trade shows), manage the on boarding process of all new brands and serve as the primary contact point for all new brand communication. Vendor Acquisition Manager will also serve as a key customer and category advocate, serving on cross-functional teams tasked with driving initiatives and process change to continually improve the on boarding process.
location: San Bruno, California
job type: Contract
salary: $19.20 - 21.12 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
The ideal candidate should be self-motivated and highly entrepreneurial, with a passion for chasing impactful business opportunities. He/she should have demonstrated ability to influence at higher levels of an organization, coupled with a broad track record of successful acquisitions. The Vendor Acquisition Manager will have outstanding attention to detail, and the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task in order to focus on activities that have the most impact. The successful candidate will also be an effective communicator, whose intellectually curiosity drives new ideas, innovation, and process improvement.
Experience leveraging Excel (including Pivot tables, formulas, and charts) and other software tools to analyze a business
skills: Basic Qualifications
- 3+ years of vendor management/acquisitions and/or sales experience is required
- Experience leveraging Excel (including Pivot tables, formulas, and charts) and other software tools to analyze a business
- Strong communication skills with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience utilizing Excel, databases and computer tools to process data
- A proven track record in taking ownership of projects, motivating cross-functional partners, and managing deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects including work prioritization
- Ability to coordinate projects across multiple groups
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly collaborative and team-focused
- College degree preferred
- Wholesale and retail experience preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.