job summary: Position Description Project Overview:
- Working with our Reach User Experience (UX) group, you will have the opportunity to support the user research activities for Google products used by advertisers, publishers, and other Google products that touch these users.
- Results from this research ensures the development of innovative, user-friendly, best-of-breed products - you will find the right people for research studies.
- You have strong analytical skills, excellent communication skills, excellent attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple recruitment tasks simultaneously.
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $33.30 - 36.81 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
responsibilities: Overall Responsibilities:
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Work in a Google office alongside a team of worldwide UX researchers and participant recruiters, handling multiple studies of different formats and schedules at once.
- Recruit UX research participant candidates for internal and external studies; coordinate the logistics of user research.
- Maintain relationships with Google's account managers in Sales and other groups. Innovate on our use of data, reporting, and tools to improve strategies, outreach, and effectiveness in delivering quality participants.
- Adhere to and inform others of the policies and ethical codes related to conducting user research at Google.
- Identify, solicit, and schedule appropriate candidates for participation in user experience studies.
- Communicate with user experience researchers and participants regarding recruitment details and status. Maintain records for all recruitment and participant activity.
BA/BS in communications, marketing, computer science, human computer interaction, cognitive science, experimental psychology, anthropology, information science, or other field emphasizing human behavior.
skills: Skill/Experience/Education Mandatory Required Skills:
Desired Nice-to-Have Skills:
- BA/BS in communications, marketing, computer science, human computer interaction, cognitive science, experimental psychology, anthropology, information science, or other field emphasizing human behavior.
- In lieu of degree, 2 years of relevant work experience. 2+ years of experience with participant screening and recruiting, ideally in a research context.
- Demonstrated proficiency with office productivity tools including email, web browser, database query, spreadsheet, presentation, and word processing applications; knowledge of Google Apps is preferred (but not required).
- Ability to work independently, to prioritize time between multiple projects, and to adapt to changing schedules and priorities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience communicating with people who have varied goals within the same project.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage many moving parts; multiple usage criteria, several calendars, global time zones, several stakeholders.
- Familiarity working with tools and people in the technology industry or a technology-oriented space.
- Basic understanding of the advertising space and products for publishers and advertisers.
- Previous experience with UX research.
- Experience in general research in a corporate or academic setting.
- Proficiency in languages in addition to English.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.