Working within the fast-paced VMS R&D team, you will be responsible for the project management work associated with the successful and timely introduction of new products. You will deliver best practice project management, including support and planning, while working in multi-functional project teams to deliver project requirements.
location: Salt Lake City, Utah
job type: Contract
salary: $33 - 36 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Support R&D Management by leading key initiatives to deliver consumer preferred products.
- Lead cross-functional (including international) project teams (marketing, R&D, manufacturing, procurement, legal, regulatory affairs, package engineering, logistics, etc.) to develop and launch new products and initiatives.
- Establish project schedules/timelines and coordinate all activities associated with new product development from inception through project completion.
- Identification and clarification of project objectives and scope, including success criteria.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical project paths; manage risk analysis and contingency planning on all assigned projects.
- Create and manage key project management documentation (e.g. milestones charts, plans and project/budget trackers).
- Manage cross functional project activity across several functions including internal/external resources and lead cross-functional teams serving as the gate holder of all project timelines; track project plans and milestones.
- Lead cross-functional alignment meetings (Project Review) to address specific project challenges/issues.
- Deliver best practice project management / planning within the team and working with other Project Managers to contribute ideas for new ways of working to ensure continuous improvement and excellence in project management.
- Active participation in category Innovation Meetings and other strategic/brand meetings.
- Develop and manage third party's project activities.
- Previous relevant experience of product development within an R&D Health, Medical Device or FMCG environment, with a proven track record of delivery.
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Experience in project resource management.
- Good leadership, inter-personal and motivational skills with an ability to multi-task and drive results.
- Planning and organizational skills with a sound understanding of priority setting.
- Entrepreneurial with an affinity for problem solving and innovation.
skills: - Proven ability to work under pressure without compromising on deliverables.
- Flexibility of thinking in order to facilitate working with many different professional disciplines.
- Command of Microsoft Project (or other project software) with basic knowledge of other computer software and the ability to learn additional computer skills.
- Bachelor degree in science or engineering (chemical, mechanical, packaging, etc.), project management, business, or other technical field preferred.
- Master's degree in business a plus.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) designation (or on-track) a plus.
- Stage Gate experience preferred.
- Openness to change and ability to think out of the box.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.