Our global client is seeks a Scrum Master to undertake an intiative to migrate various platforms and applications out of their existing home in a data center and move them either to another data center or the cloud.
As the Scrum Master, you will lead Scrum teams in applying and optimizing Scrum practices to maximize team performance and effectiveness.
location: Seattle, Washington
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 82 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
- Guide the team on how and when to use Agile practices to drive value to customers. Able to clearly communicate 'why' agile to teams, partners, and stakeholders.
- Operate as a servant leader in service to the teams' needs.
- Coaching team to self-organize; establish an environment where the team can be effective and continuously improve; performing at its highest levels at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Partner with Product Owners, Business Stakeholders, and Architecture to deliver business value.
- Work closely with the Portfolio Director to ensure budget, resources, and alignment on work are being met
- Schedule and facilitate all aspects of the Scrum framework, including sprint planning sessions, backlog grooming, daily scrums, product demos, and sprint retrospectives.
- Maintain the Scrum team's capacity plan, Scrum board, sprint backlog, velocity charts and burn down charts.
- Identify and help remove impediments to the success of the Sprint.
- Identify and communicate potential risks to the completion of the Sprint, including resources, costs, and external dependencies, with proactive escalation as appropriate.
- Provide timely communication throughout the Sprint.
- Coach, mentor, and evangelize Agile best practices across the organization.
- Drive cross capability coordination and scheduling with other scrum leads.
- Bring leadership and responsibility over the team's process and create the necessary balance between product and engineering
- Continuously learns new approaches to facilitation, Agile best practices and how to improve team
- 5 years hands-on Scrum Master/Coach experience in advanced, large-scale Agile settings diligently applying Scrum principles, practices and theory.
- Certified Scrum Master required, other Scrum certification desired.
- Experience and/or familiarity with scaling Agile using industry best practices (SAFE)
- 9 years professional experience leading or contributing to large projects, including software development and quality teams.
- Experience working with Jira or similar tool, building summary views, using Agile planning boards, setting up dashboards.
- Proven ability to pull together diverse individuals with different goals and facilitate productive discussion and action.
- Experience working with and coaching team members through agile transformation.
- Track record of leading others and positive change in project definition, project delivery, and process improvement.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and evolving priorities
- Past success in creating high performance teams, inspiring and empowering them to achieve results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
skills: The successful candidate will be both self-motivated and collaborative as is necessary to operate in the realm of technology projects, interacting with team members and stakeholders to ensure alignment. Someone who is a driver and a coach. For Agile, looking for someone to coach teams, but as a Scrum master, they will drive the process forward.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.