Microsoft Azure Cloud Consultant
Our client is currently seeking a Microsoft Azure Cloud Consultant for a 6 month contract to hire opportunity located in Sacramento, CA.
location: Sacramento, California
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 75 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
Minimum Qualification for Contractor
- Proof of Microsoft Gold Partner
- Minimum five (5) years of industry experience including hands on experience with server hardware, storage, Backup, Disaster Recovery and virtualization technologies.
- Successful completion of at least one (1) Azure Infrastructure as Service implementations as the primary responsible party.
Three (3) years' experience within the last seven (7) years:
- Working as an Azure system administrator
- Working with computer storage, active directory federation services (ADFS) and identity management.
- Implementing Windows servers in Microsoft core platform technologies
- Implementing Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS on Azure
- Comprehensive understanding of public cloud platforms, IaaS and managed services.
- Implementing and configuring Azure software development kits (SDK), Azure Command-Line Interface (CLI), Azure Resource Manager (ARM) templates and/or Azure Automation.
- One (1) year hands-on experience with automating Azure deployments using C#, Python, or PowerShell
- Microsoft Azure Certification (MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure or equivalent).
- Five (5) years' experience within the last seven (7) years in configuration, support, and architectural design in one of the following products:
- Palo Alto Next Generation Firewalls
- CISCO ASA Firewalls, Routers, Switches, and VPNS
- F5 Big-IP appliances and modules
skills: 4.2 Desirables
- Part of the NSP program - Microsoft National Systems Integrator
- Microsoft Cloud Partner of the Year
- Alliance SI Partner of the Year
- Minimum three (3) completed information technology engagements within the last five (5) years with Microsoft Cloud Platform Gold competency.
- Experience designing and planning Azure environments in Enterprise environments including application dependencies, client presentation mechanisms, network connectivity and overall virtualization strategies
- Thorough understanding of Azure capabilities and limitations
- Thorough understanding of Cloud Computing: virtualization technologies, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service and Software as a Service Cloud delivery models and the current competitive landscape
- Thorough understanding of infrastructure (firewalls, load balancers, hypervisor, storage, monitoring, security etc.) and experience with orchestration to develop a cloud solution
- Experience designing service management, orchestration, monitoring and management requirements of cloud platform
- Thorough knowledge of enterprise architectures and cloud reference architectures
- Expertise in designing high availability, disaster recovery, traffic manager, backup and retention architectures on cloud platforms
- One (1) year hands-on experience on automated build, release and deployment in the Azure environment including TFS/VSTS integration and troubleshooting deployment related issue
- Hands-on experience with automating Azure deployments using Ansible, Chef, Puppet, CLI, Ruby and Teraform
- Working Knowledge on Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing in Azure
- Exposure to other cloud services providers such as AWS or Oracle Cloud
- CISSP certification
- Three (3) years' experience within the last seven (7) years in network administration in a large, complex, on-premise and Azure Cloud environment
- Three (3) years' experience within the last seven (7) years:
- Setting up security within Azure
- Working with Azure Security Center
- Knowledge of firewalls, security groups, security policies
- Implementing Security Controls, Monitoring, Alerts, etc.
- Experience in set up of cloud monitoring and automation solutions for an enterprise
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.