Through the innovative fusion of retail, social and mobile, we are redefining Commerce for the largest retailer globally. We are a talented group of the brightest technologists and business people in the industry, excited about the limitless opportunities that this next generation of Commerce will bring to billions of people around the globe, all in an effort to help our customers save money and live better!
Developer Experience Tools group is made up of small agile teams delivering innovative tools and solutions for CI/CD and test automation. We love Open Source, and we design our tools to be open-source from the first day. The added focus on reusable, portable solutions helps keep our architecture clean and flexible. And we love collaborating with people all over the world to make our tools better. Our team created TestArmada (http://testarmada.github.io/), a fleet of tools for making testing fast, user-friendly, and valuable at scale. We want you to help us build the next greatest developer productivity tool.
As a member of Developer Experience Tool?s team you will be expected to work with your peers and/or independently on the design, development, testing, implementation and documentation of solutions to address unique challenges in Developer productivity tools Engineering. This include creating new tools and frameworks , collaborating and evangelizing open source tools. Come up with better solutions to make release to production faster without compromising on quality.
location: Sunnyvale, California
job type: Contract
salary: $72.00 - 79.20 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
As a member of Developer Experience Tool's team you will be expected to work with your peers and/or independently on the design, development, testing, implementation and documentation of solutions to address unique challenges in Developer productivity tools Engineering. This include creating new tools and frameworks , collaborating and evangelizing open source tools. Come up with better solutions to make release to production faster without compromising on quality.
qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 6 years experience building software with node, mobile software or developer productivity tools.
- Proficiency with iOS & Node
skills: Position Description
- Serve as a technical lead for architecture, design and interface decisions for developer productivity tools.
- Help in every stage of the tool lifecycle : gather requirements, design, develop, test, adoption and support the tool.
- Recommend engineering best practices, including use of design patterns, code reviews and documentation.
- Effectively Collaborate and Communicate for better tool adoption by different development teams in Walmart Customer Experience Group.
- 3+ years of extensive experience in designing and building scalable tools and frameworks.
- Proficiency with Java.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience with Dashboard Development / Data Visualization.
- Experience with mocking tools.
- Experience with Test Automation tools like : Mocha, Jasmine, XCUITest, Appium & Selenium
- Experience with bug reporting/tracking tools.
- Good understanding of continuous integration tools and frameworks
- Experience working in Agile environments across multiple geographies.
- Strong knowledge and keen interest in emerging tools and technologies in the industry
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.