Information Security Spec
Information Security Specialist, Access Provisioner - AD, Windows, SQL Server
The Primary responsibilities for this position are to: 1. Setup groups and provision access on Active Directory, Windows, and SQL Server, and Windows local; and 2. Troubleshoot access issues related to the same platforms. The position would be best suited to an individual who has previous experience working as an Administrator of Active Directory - Directory Services.
location: Herndon, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $64 - 74 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
- Handle requests to enable/disable different levels of user access or resolve access issues, e.g. Unable to access file shares, system account password resets, permission failures, etc.
- Requests are picked up from the Oracle Identity Manager request queue and Service Now Task / Incident queues. All requests are to be completed in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with SLAs.
- Standard requests include creating user and system accounts, maintaining group memberships, creating shares, assigning share permissions to groups, etc.
- Process special requests to setup privileged access groups, assign privileged groups, copy group structures between servers, etc.
- Provision SSH keys for Server to Server communications (Unix - N/T).
- Investigate and resolve issues associated with failed automation tasks. Resolve issues and re-run task.
- Edit files and configure scripts to bulkload records for AD, Windows or SQL Server access.
- Configure and execute various jobs and scripts on demand and on a regular cadence.
- Provide off hours and weekend on call support, on a rotational basis.
- Proven history of Administration experience with AD Directory Services
- Deep understanding of the workings of Domains, Domain Controllers, OUs, Security and Distribution groups, Group Nesting, Group policies and settings, Group permissions and inheritance, Access Control Lists, etc.
- Previous experience administering Windows local and SQL Server DBs
- Knowledge of Powershell and other tools to manage Active Directory
Other Skills / Experience of interest:
- Experience setting up Active Directory to provide access to Cloud Services such as Azure, AWS.
- Active Directory, AWS or Azure Certification a plus.
- Understanding of Identity and Access Management (IAM) concepts such as Least Privilege, Privileged Access, Roles and Data mining, Segregation of Duty (SOD), and Role Based Access Control (RBAC).
- Prior experience working with an Identity and Access Management tool preferably Oracle Identity Manager or SailPoint.
- Previous experience working in a highly regulated environment used to working in compliance with policies, standards, and controls.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.