Key role for representing corporate data so it can be understood uniformly throughout the company by providing the execution of the enterprise data model and master and reference data, as well as support to projects, such as the implementation of physical data models, data warehouses and data marts.
location: Wayne, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
work hours: 9 to 5
- Function as database developer in creating and maintaining Data Warehouse operations and data feed/flow processes following our development standards
- Work as an integrated team member with the BI Delivery Team and project stakeholders to identify and understand data and query requirements and ensure technologies meet customer's needs
- Use quantitative hands-on skills to develop SQL queries, reports, data extracts, ETL processes in line with our code management
- Implement and test through optimal coding of 'source to target' mappings for ETL and database development
- Resolve semantic discrepancies in data definitions that arise among multiple sources and projects
- Support multiple projects and work streams in building new data sets and data structures as required utilizing Agile methodology
- Fluent command of English in speech and in writing
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Data Analysis, Information Technology or related study or comparable experience
- More than 7 years of IT experience that includes developing large-scale, complex data reporting architectures
- Demonstrated ability create extract, transform, load (ELT/ETL) solutions in DataStage 8.7
- Knowledge and understanding of RDBMS and SQL with at least 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with proven results
- Some degree of database administration and code management experience is beneficial
- Programming or scripting language such as T-SQL, Powershell, C#, etc.
- Analytical appliance experience beneficial
- Experience in Virtual Environments (VMWare)
- Demonstrated time management and prioritization skills, investigative and decision-making skills
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects
- Understanding of Agile development methodology (Agile and Scrum).
- Experience in Financial Services industry
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.