Looking for a Helpdesk/Desktop Support resource to help supplement the existing team as new projects are launching and they are growing into an even more robust IT department.
location: Richmond, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $16 - 33 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
responsibilities: User Interaction
- Provide prompt professional service to all end user requests
- Excellent Customer Service is our primary concern and responsibility
- Helpdesk is the primary point of contact and representative of the IT deptt.
- Helpdesk must maintain the highest standard of professionalism at all times.
Level one support
- Monitor helpdesk application
- Create Tickets for every single request (email, walk-up, phone)
- Update tickets on a regular schedule
- Follow up with assigned IT resource and the customer
- Close all helpdesk tickets and confirm with the user that the issue is resolved
- Report to management on each open ticket in the Helpdesk application
- Respond to user request for assistance
- Answering Helpdesk phone
- Monitoring helpdesk inbox - must respond within 10 minutes
- Coverage for above when leaving the IT area
- Obtain manager approval for all equipment or enhancement requests
- Escalate and route ticket requests to appropriate IT resources
- Follow up with each resource to ensure prompt resolution
- Work with various customers and vendors
- Assist with Desktop equipment and printer installation/take down and issues
- 10 minutes SLA - swap desktops if a resolution cannot be found with 10 minutes
- Create security sheet o Monitor New User /Termination requests
- Complete new user workflow procedure for each new user
- Create user folders to track user hires and terminations
- Maintain Door Security and provide monthly reports
Documentation and Cross-training
- Maintain an accurate Inventory of all IT equipment
- Receive deliveries - update inventory
- Track items removed from inventory
- RMA procedure
- PO System
- Each of the above responsibilities requires detailed procedures written
- Cross train another member of IT team for each responsibility
- Cross train with Desktop on common issues
- Vacation coverage - verify all responsibilities are covered during an absence
- Helpdesk is also the central point of communication for the IT dept. as well as the users in general
- Helpdesk handles notification to managers when IT personnel are out of office
- Work with various vendors to get price quotes, report issues, and schedule service. Projects
- Follow all project documentation requirements
- Work with management on project prioritization Technical Requirements
- Acquire technical certificate within one year.
- Mac/IOS/ Windows experience a must
- Minimum 2-3 years' experience in desktop/helpdesk.
- Show proof of ability to work in a fast paced organized shop.
- Preferably has worked supporting users in a corporate or larger environment before
- Timely/early to work
- Customer service support experience a must.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.