Our Fortune 500 Client in search for a highly skilled AWS Architect that will put the consumers first. They are made up of collaborative product teams of engineers, designers and product managers who build digital products of superior quality and value to improve the lives of the world's consumers. They work across brands to understand consumer problems and build innovative solutions at scale.
As a AWS Architect, you will be a part of team that is shaping the future of marketing technology platforms by step-changing our CRM and consumer ecosystem, enabling deeper and direct connections with consumers, building digital-native applications, leveraging disruptive technologies, driving agile work processes, and bringing thought/do leadership to work every day.
Consumers are at the center of everything we do and the team plays a critical role in architecting, designing, building and managing the marketing technology stack for our 80 brands and 4.6 billion consumers around the world. Our scope stretches across front-end touchpoints and back-end applications, consumer engagement and relationship management systems, programmatic advertising and consumer data management, algorithm science and data analytics, connected devices and other digital technology that interacts with our consumers.
Our team is embarking upon the next generation of cloud-enabled technologies to create deeper, more valuable relationships with our consumers so that they chose to buy products more often - both online and offline. We are looking for a candidate that can build and shape our use of marketing technology, specifically with cloud applications, internal and external API services.
location: Cincinnati, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $80 - 100 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
The AWS Architect position within the team is responsible for defining and realizing Architecture for Digital Solutions (1000+ websites & applications, 2bn outbound communications/yr, 250m CRM contacts). The role involves definition, design, implementation, adoption of the Architecture and ensuring that all technologies work effectively together and deliver a complete end-to-end ecosystem across all domains. The position requires a strong background in SOA and Cloud technologies.
The Ideal candidates are experienced technologists with technical depth and strong interpersonal skills. AWS Architects are passionate about working with customers to help build applications at scale. This includes enabling innovation through continuous deployment in DevOps w/ technologies like Chef and Puppet, building web & mobile scale-out applications using Memcached or Redis, RDBMS (MySQL, AWS Aurora, Oracle, SQL Server, and Postgres) and/or NoSQL (AWS DynamoDB, MongoDB, and Cassandra, building IoT use cases and implementing big data analytics w/ technologies like Hadoop, Spark, EMR, RedShift, and Kinesis. AWS Architects have breadth across technology stacks with deep hands on skills. AWS Architects build architectures & provide prescriptive guidance across network, storage, operating systems, virtualization, RDBMS & NoSQL databases, Hadoop, mid-tier technologies that include application integration, in-memory caches, and security.
You must be self-motivated with a proven track record of delivering results in software/technology sales or consulting. You will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, create technical definition around customer objectives in complex situations, develop solution strategies, motivate & mobilize resources, and deliver results. The ability to connect technology with measureable business value is critical to a solutions architect. The AWS Architect team provides a ramping program that includes self-paced learning, instructor-led training, hands-on projects, job shadowing opportunities, and a peer-reviewed opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Architecting and developing customer applications to be cloud optimized
- Working as a technical leader along side consumer business, development and infrastructure teams.
- Providing deep software development knowledge with respect cloud architecture, design patterns and programming
- Advising and implementing AWS best practices
- Working as both an infrastructure and application development specialist
- Agile software development and DevOps
- Implementing DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment Amazon
skills: BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- BS level technical degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred; Masters Degree desired.
- 7+ years design & implementation experience with distributed applications
- 5+ years experience in networking; infrastructure and architecture
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- 5+ years of experience as a technical specialist in Consumer-facing roles.
- Hands-on technical application architect
- 5+ years of an application programming
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure success when building new and migrating existing applications, software and services on the AWS platform.
- Conduct deep-dive "hands-on" sessions to transfer knowledge
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS community.
- - Technical liaison between customers, service engineering & support teams.
- Role requires approximately 25% travel.
- 5+ years software/technology consumer facing experience
- Experience with "on-premise to cloud" migrations or IT transformations
- Experience architecting/operating solutions build on AWS
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to right level conversations
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.