job summary: Workplace Technology Program Manager
Our mission is to provide a broad range of workplace services to corporate office locations globally. Our services include day to day site services, including facility management, office services, life-cycle maintenance and repair and amenity services. Some of our other functions include: full workplace design services, construction project management, workplace strategy and planning, workplace technology, branding, digital content management and more. Our role is to be subject matter experts across all operating countries in order to gain economies of scale, deliver a high level of customer service and design and build the next generation of workplaces for our great brand.
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $66 - 83 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
This role has three areas of responsibility:
- Manage or direct project intake, scoping, and delivery of technology projects across multiple buildings and regions, globally for occupancy and workplace productivity
- Manage or direct smart building, IoT, and Operational Technology projects to drive improvements in building operations and business analytics
- Manage or direct new application or system implementations or upgrades to existing systems used by the business for global operations
They also are charged with keeping up with workplace technology solutions in the broader industry, benchmarking with other companies, understand the performance and outcomes of how others are using newer technology solutions. The role will make recommendations to the Workplace Technology Strategist for possible implementation. Key Responsibilities
- Develop recommendations and business cases for workplace technology solutions
- Knowledge of workplace management/commercial real estate industry and related smart building and building management system technologies
- Ownership for project scope and scope changes through collaborative process including all stakeholders, such as vendors, Global IT, department peers, other SME's.
- Communicate effectively with business clients and all stakeholders regarding project status, scope, and deliverable timelines.
- Coordinate and lead key stakeholders to define project scope and gather accurate and complete business requirements
- Responsible for creating cost estimates, milestones, and resource requirements for the successful completion of each project
- Keep current with workplace technology trends through industry contacts and understand performance of various technologies through benchmarking
- Monitor costs, milestones and resources used, and take action where these deviate from agreed tolerances
- Manage internal and external project managers
Bachelor's Degree required Related Experience:
6+ years of work experience in IT industry or IT department; 5+ yrs work experience in leading technology projects; Experience in commercial real estate/workplace Industry a major plus; Intelligent Buildings and IoT desired
skills: Other Skills
- Strong skills in areas of leadership, relationship building and management, organization and process management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - ability to communicate and collaborate across many levels in the organization and with clients
- Strong project management and analytical skills with a track record of identifying potential issues pro-actively and formulating solutions and contingency plans
- Experience in software delivery and Agile methodologies
- Business analysis and requirements gathering skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated, able to set priorities and work autonomously
- Results driven - the ability to analyze, act, and implement to ensure desired results are achieved
- Ability to take innovative ideas and translate them to helping our teams and clients work smarter
- Workplace Technology Industry Knowledge: Knowledge of the key directional trends and emerging technologies in the IT industry. Includes knowledge of the key vendors, their strategic and tactical plans, and internal/external advisory services.
- Value Proposition: Knowledge of procedures used to demonstrate the benefits (e.g., financial) of an IT solution.
- Determining Financial Impact: Understanding the financial consequences of decisions; understanding economic value for the system; acting as an owner of the business and making decisions that ensure long-term value
- Negotiation: Exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain all parties' support and acceptance; striving for outcomes that are a win-win for all parties involved.
- Project Budgeting: Knowledge of project budgeting procedures. Includes financial forecasting and preparation of necessary documents (e.g., EVAs, ROI).
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.