looking for exceptional data engineers/developers in our Information Management organization. In this role, you will help deliver the vision of an integrated conformed, fast data warehouse with multiple agile scrum teams. You will also help to grow an integrated architectural strategy to support next-generation reporting and analytics capabilities on an enterprise-wide scale. These analytics functions will include Consumer Analytics, Clinical Analytics, Healthcare Economics, and other areas.
The ideal candidate will work in a team that demands technical excellence, whose members are expected to hold each other accountable for the overall success of the end product. Focus for this team is on the delivery of innovative solutions to complex problems, but also with a mind to drive simplicity in refining and supporting of the solution by others. This is not a group that deals with technology from a distance - everyone is expected to roll up their sleeves and get work on implementation.
location: New York, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $80 - 90 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Interface with the business to understand the business need and translate these concepts to technical direction
- Responsible for leading the design and maintaining solutions conformant to enterprise standards, architecture, and technologies
- Recommend and enforce policies for the source-code control system (GIT) and the team's use thereof. (e.g. "don't break the build", or "DBTB" - the policy that no check-in should cause a failure in the DevOps pipeline.)
- Be accountable for delivery of business functionality
- Perform peer code reviews
- Perform merge requests
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
- Experience in helping distilling complex ideas into an architectural and implementation plan, and then proving it out
- A desire to collaborate in a high-performing team environment, and an ability to influence and be influenced by others
- Proven track record of quality software development and an ability to innovate outside of traditional architecture/software patterns when needed
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Good knowledge of Python
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience working with and analyzing data to layout data structures
- Documented experience working with databases larger than 5TB
- Ability to manipulate and transform large datasets efficiently
- Work in an agile CI/CD environment
- Work with virtual servers / cloud computing
- Experience with TDD/BDD
- Design knowledge with Hadoop, Teradata, Looker, and Tableau along with Cognos tools is a plus
- Some expertise in designing business intelligence systems, dashboard reporting, and analytical reporting is also a plus
- Ability to communicate at various levels within large organizations
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- Knowledge and/or experience with Health care information domains a plus.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline, at least eight, typically ten or more years of solid, diverse work experience in IT with a minimum of six years experience application program development, or the equivalent in education and work experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.