Desktop Support Engineer
One of our Taylor, Texas clients is seeking to add a Desktop Support Technician to their growing team.
location: Taylor, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 25 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Summary of Responsibilities
Delivers basic levels of service for the proper operations and service of desktop applications, equipment, and technical functions in areas of responsibility. Provides assistance for day-to-day floor operations including the completion of necessary trouble tickets, report submissions and resolving technology issues. Performs installations and repair service as needed.
Additional Essential Job Duties
- Assists with the evaluation hardware and software,
- Participates in projects and increases knowledge of current technologies.
- Documents all equipment installations; provide technical documentation and training to end-users.
- Works in conjunction with the Windows engineering, Network and security groups on issues pertaining to the desktop environment.
- Delivers a high level of customer service, pays attention to detail, works under pressure and prioritize technical versus non-technical issues.
- Achieves stated Service Level Agreements and deliverance goals as assigned from the DSST supervisor.
- Communicates basic technical concepts both in a written and oral manner.
- Assists with the development, monitoring, and refining of the workflow and business processes to meet the goals of ERCOT Operations.
- Develops and maintains strong expertise in ERCOT policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Problem Solving
- Technical Skills
- Customer Service
- Associate's degree in Applied Technology, Engineering or related field or four years applicable experience is required.
- MCDST Certification preferred
- A+ Certification preferred
- No less than 2 years (in excess of degree requirements stated above) of progressively responsible experience in desktop support including software deployment experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.