job summary: Perimeter Management Core Technologies:
- Firewalls - Checkpoint, Juniper, Fortinet
- Intrusion Detection/Inspection - TippingPoint, Juniper IDP,
- Web Application Firewalls - Citrix
Firewall / IDS Engineer plans and conducts the hardware refresh of EOL Perimeter equipment.
Requires keyboard experience to actually build a firewall from scratch.
This position will require weekend off hours work to perform the upgrades. A limited number may be done mid-week.
location: Durham, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $36.50 - 45.63 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: General skills
The Individual must possess the ability to analyze and understand a variety of existing and emerging business requirements, interface with technology engagement teams as a fully seasoned and proficient perimeter solutions engineer, in providing best in class firewall/IDS/WAF solutions that align to meet business and technology requirements.
This highly dynamic position will require the ability to manage multiple technical project engagements requiring the candidate to be a "team player" whom can also work independently in managing to multiple deadlines, priorities and diverse set of applications and requirements.
Candidate will be a strong engineering minded individual with polished collaboration, written, and communication skills and a proven track record interacting with various levels of management, clients and technical team members in delivering technical perimeter solutions.
qualifications: Engineering Skills
In depth engineering experience in perimeter solutions, including the design, low level engineering, and delivery of new hardware systems for client applications across the enterprise DMZ.
- Development and maintenance of High Level and Low Level Design diagrams/documentation
- Building/operating various firewall platforms (Checkpoint/Nokia, Juniper Netscreen, Juniper SRX, Fortinet)
- Working with Provider 1 management GUI software (smartview manager, tracker)
- Working with IDS/IPS products (e.g., TippingPoint)
- Working with Web Application Firewall products (e.g., Netscape or Citrix)
- Strong knowledge of network routing/switching (routing protocols, multicast, other LAN protocols)
- Functional understanding of diverse set of networked applications requiring perimeter management solutions, including HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, FTP, DNS, NTP, ANYCAST services, and others.
- DMZ Network infrastructure knowledge including topology, security policies, firewalls and the L2/L3 switch and router infrastructure is required.
- Administrator level ability with UNIX (Linux or other variant) is highly desirable.
Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of IT experience with firewalls.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.