Randstad Technologies, a global and national leader in the IT Staffing and Services industry has an immediate need for a Security Engineer with Splunk experience to sit onsite in Columbia, MD to join a highly talented and growing Network Security team.
This is a contract to hire role paying up to $75/hr. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Our client is seeking someone who will be responsible for providing Tier 3 support for customer solutions and infrastructure within the environment across various technology components within the organization's enterprise technology portfolio.
location: Columbia, Maryland
job type: Contract
salary: $70 - 75 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Lead the design and implementation of global, cost effective, enterprise-class systems following ITIL/ITSM processes/practices, while maintaining compliance with all company policies, procedures and standards.
- Participate in the development of technology roadmaps that align with overall IT strategy and vision
- Provide support for all aspects of functional area, serves as an escalation point for Tier 2 support. This includes on-call and after hours support, participation in the incident triage, and following a sound troubleshooting process.
- Act as a coach and mentor for less experienced team members.
- Accountable for process definition for application packaging, software deployment, patch management, and automation.
- Responsible for application packaging, software deployment, patch management, and automation.
- Lead innovation, process improvement and standardization within the IT organization.
- Lead within discipline to develop best practices, case studies, training materials, and whitepapers. Present at Architecture Review Board, Lunch and Learn sessions, and training sessions.
- Anticipate risks and constraints and proactively work on solutions to address the risk/constraints, escalating as appropriate.
- Gather requirements, develop the delivery plan for solution and services milestones, managing expectations and coordinating delivery with internal team.
- Maintain in-depth awareness and fluency of the key features, functions, and/or industry trends around the area of expertise.
- Lead the evaluation process and recommend all product standards for the infrastructure.
- Manage and prioritize multiple simultaneous incidents and Service Requests and drive resolution to technical incidents following the Incident Management Process.
- Perform post incident root cause analysis and write the associated RCA document.
- Bachelor's Degree required and Master's Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science preferred
- 10+ years of experience supporting and implementing enterprise-class solutions operating in a 24/7 environment
- 3+ years professional experience in designing technology solutions
- 3+ Years in Data Security and Security Incident response
- Current certifications within engineering discipline and IT industry (ITIL, CISSP, CCIE, MCSA/MCSE, RHCE) are highly desired.
- A focus on Enterprise level security tools and solutions, including, but not limited to: DLP appliances and services, Web Proxy solutions (Cisco, WebSense), IDS/IPS solutions (TippingPoint/Juniper), SIEM (AlienVault) and Firewall appliances (Juniper/Cisco).
- Write complex scripts/ queries/configurations to get forensic data and increase visibility of security events
- General networking, switching and routing, Cisco Switches/Routers appliances
- Enterprise productization processes, including developing product guides, asset management, data protection, capacity management, performance management, and lifecycle management.
- Enterprise System Management tools.
- Scripting languages, such as Perl, Bash, Linux Shell, PowerShell/vbScript.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.