job summary: Description:
The Enterprise Resource Organization (ERO) has a need for a contractor to fill an IT Applications Specialist. Experience includes conducting walk throughs or application/system reviews that involve other Application Specialists or other IT personnel as necessary. Defining and documenting application requirements. In this role, candidate should establish and maintain positive working relationships; demonstrate solid communication skills; schedules, facilitates, and follows-up on action items, resulting from project kickoff meetings with application teams and working sessions to complete template-based Questionnaires and Spreadsheets.
location: Cleveland, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $28 - 38 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
-Document requirements/scope in TFS based on templates and standard process in place. Ensures scope sign off from the Tech lead, SME, and SM manager.
-Completing technical requirements for applications within a specific platform.
-Set up for each application
-Copy Excel spreadsheets from templates and store on SharePoint
-Create Story cards and tasks in TFS based for each application
-Work with the SME's on these teams to elicit the information about their applications and document in the Excel spreadsheets
-Through email - gather preliminary sources for initial analysis
-Through meetings - schedule, facilitate, information gathering (elicitation)
-Through follow-up - email, subsequent meetings
-Consult with tech leads on the program for guidance when needed.
-Complete Story cards and tasks in TFS
-Import data from spreadsheet
-Manually update as needed to have ready for review
-Coordinate with SME's and Project Tech leads to gain approval
-Update template cards and excel spreadsheets as team updates it best practices and revises its standards.
qualifications: Required Skills
- Meeting facilitation, analysis and problem-solving skills, ability to work in team environment, Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- TFS (Team Foundation Server), SharePoint
- Technical Aptitude/Understanding
-Understanding of Systems flow (data, interfacing, API's)
-Service Management - incidents - alerting
-Monitoring applications - logging, exceptions,
- Able to work independently with little or no direction
- Flexibility/Adaptability - thrives in environment of change
- Associate's Degree in an IT or Business related discipline (e.g., MIS, Business Management) and a minimum of two years of related work experience in technical tool administration that involves creating, testing, configuring, updating, manipulating, and/or scripting technical tools or applications or a minimum of two years of related work experience providing analysis support or maintenance of an application or technical tool.
- In lieu of an Associate's Degree, a minimum of four years of related work experience in technical tool administration experience creating, testing, configuring, updating, manipulating, and/or scripting technical tools or applications or a minimum of four years of related work experience providing analysis support or maintenance of an application or technical tool.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.