job summary: Business Overview: Tell me about your department
The Search product team delivers the site search capability as well as the auto complete / suggestion feature for the website and the native mobile applications. This team drives the back end part of the search.
The search team gets to work with a large amount of visibility on the site, where even small changes that can made make a large impact. This work has a large amount of influence, where you can work with an interesting technology stack. Project Description - what are the selling points that would spike a candidate's interest in this role:
The back end engineer will report into the engineering organization and will work on an agile team participating in all aspects of the agile process, including sprint planning, story estimating, story execution, writing code, writing unit tests, and ensuring deliverables are of the highest quality.
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $69 - 79 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
responsibilities: Position Overview: Responsibilities/Deliverables that the resource will be responsible for:
- Collaboration with team members and others to define and understand software requirements and design.
- High quality software development and delivery.
- Tier three application support in test systems and production.
qualifications: Skills Overview: What are the MUST have skills that you are looking for in a candidate? Requirements:
Nice to Have:
- At least 10 years of relevant systems software engineering experience and a BS/MS in computer science, engineering, or mathematics (or equivalent professional experience).
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Experience with Spring, Spring Boot, and Spring Batch.
- Experience building REST web services, with Spring.
- Experience building JPA data access layers, with Spring and Hibernate.
- Experience building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
- Experience with NoSQL, Riak, Cloud Bigtable and Cassandra.
- Experience with Lucene, Solr.
- Experience with SQL, Oracle.
- Experience with Agile.
- Ability to aggressively refactor.
- Experience with Amqp, RabbitMQ, Google Pub/Sub.
- Experience using container technologies, Docker.
- Keen understanding of multi-threading and concurrency in Java.
- Experience with data streaming frameworks and tools, such as Apache Flink, Apache Storm, Akka Streams, Cloud Dataflow, Apache Beam
skills: Skills Overview: You may be the ideal candidate for our team if:
Soft Skill Requirements:
- You are enthusiastic and excited about technology.
- You are flexible, dependable and know how to have fun while getting a lot done.
- You are open and honest and willing to share and accept feedback and ideas.
- You are positive and optimistic. Setbacks and constraints motivate you to work harder.
- You aren't afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty with the rest of the team.
- You are pretty darn good at what you do (but don't let it go to your head).
- You strive to constantly improve yourself and your team.
- Ability to prioritize effectively, communicate clearly, and consistently deliver results.
- Keen attention to detail and high level of commitment.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.