The SW Engineer will be responsible for creating automation test scripts for enterprise, web, and mobile technology. Test related activities include front-end, back-end, performance, and regression testing of various software solutions. Scope of testing will include Oracle Global Human Resources Cloud (Oracle HR) and internally developed web systems. The Cloud - SW Engineer requires significant interaction with several teams to include Project Managers, Developers, Functional testers, and 3rd Party Vendors.
location: San Antonio, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $52 - 55 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Responsible for creating functional and automation test scripts for enterprise, web, and mobile technology.
- Test related activities also include front-end, back-end, performance and regression testing of various software solutions.
- Scope of testing will include Oracle HR and internally developed web systems.
- The Cloud - SW Engineer (Senior Level) analyst requires significant interaction with several teams to include Project Managers, Developers, other testers, and the customer.
- Oracle Cloud testing experience
- Collaborate with functional and development teams to define automation test artifacts
- Review functional specs and user stories to design and automate test plans and test cases/scripts
- Contribute to the setup, configuration, and maintenance of the test automation framework
- Evaluate and test software using automation test practices to verify functionality and performance according to specifications and requirements
- Analyze test results to identify options for improving the effectiveness of automated testing
- Validate that software meets established and reasonable performance guidelines
- Complete work assignments and perform appropriate follow up to ensure that tasks are completed on time
- Write, review, revise, and verify quality automation standards and test procedures
- Participate in review of standards, procedures, tools, and process
- Communicate defect status and updates with other development associates and collaborate on resolution
- Develop optimized Micro Focus Unified Functional Testing (UFT)/, Micro Focus LoadRunner, or Selenium scripts for development, integration, regression and acceptance testing with various data sources, environment variables, and configuration files.
- Enhance the test scripts and develop reusable user-defined functions - Ability to obtain Public Trust Security clearance
- A minimum of 2 years demonstrated cloud computing experience
- 5+ years of writing test scenarios and executing tests, both manually and with test automation tools
- Good development/scripting skills in common languages like VB, JAVA, PERL, C++, etc.
- Good experience with different Operating Systems, with emphasis on Linux/Windows variants
- Strong experience with end-to-end software development lifecycle (SDLC) testing methodologies and test phases, including unit, system, integration, regression and performance testing
- Ability to create accurate and detailed test-cases and test scripts
- Proficient in multiple forms of test approaches for web/UI testing including functional, cross-browser compatibility, mobile/app, web service, and integration testing using manual and automated automation testing tools
- Abilitiy to plan, execute, coordinate and manage automation testing strategies for multi-tiered applications
- Experience with agile scrum quality assurance and software testing concepts and practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Good team player who shares knowledge and experience with team members
- Experience testing web-based applications using a number of desktop and mobile browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome, etc.)
- SQL experience required to write queries for Oracle database validation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of working under deadlines with minimal supervision
- CompTIA Security + certification is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.