We are seeking a Sr. Software Engineer who can take an existing application and work with the business and users to update and enhance the application as needed. Specifically, we need someone with experience developing in MS Windows Visual programming environments - including Visual Studio. A good candidate would also have experience with basic relational database management, familiarity with .xml, & managing Windows-based operating systems.
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 68 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
This software engineer will be working with the business and the users to ensure that the software is functioning properly, and making any code adjustments or enhancements necessary based on the user requirements. The software was developed in Visual Studio, so we need someone with .NET experience, specifically VB.NET or C#. This person will have access to the firm that developed the software, in case of any questions or support that they need for enhancing / changing the code, but is expected to be able to do most of the hands on coding themselves. We need a person who can work independently and is self-directed, as they will need to work directly with the users to translate business requirements into code changes / enhancements.
qualifications: EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 5-10 years of professional programming experience in C# or VB.NET using Microsoft's Visual Studio
- Minimum 5 years Microsoft SQL Server 2014 or later development experience
- Minimum of 3 years of Visual Basic experience, with hands-on experience being as recent as the last 2 years
- Strong verbal & written communication with exemplary organizational skills
- Possess clear and concise detail-oriented abilities.
- Self-Motivator with the ability to work independently, and exemplify flexibility working in a team-oriented environment.
- Have the ability to multi-task to liaise with quality assurance, project management, & customer support team in order to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills with the boost of having creative problem-solving attributes.
- Software Engineering: 5 years (Required)
- C# or VB.NET: 5 years (Required)
- SQL Server: 3 years (Required)
- HTML5 experience is a plus
- Experience with automated systems is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.