job summary: JOB PURPOSE:
Provide technical support, installation and maintenance of personal computer and laptop hardware and software, and peripheral equipment to ensure efficient and uninterrupted business operations.
location: Peoria, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $12 - 15 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: No Degree Required
responsibilities: Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, move, upgrade and maintain personal computers, laptops, and peripheral equipment in a Large Area Network and Wide Area Network environment with multiple computing platforms to meet the needs of business operations.
- Provide helpdesk support over the phone and at the workstation to internal end-users to facilitate efficient business operations.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose hardware and software problems and apply cost-effective solutions to minimize interruptions in business operations. Refer problems requiring higher level support to Infrastructure and Telecommunications group personnel.
- Perform basic Large Area Network administration duties to satisfy requests by internal clients.
- Use established procedures and systems for assignment of tasks and documentation of work performed within the reporting and documentation standards
- Adhere to negotiated due dates and acceptable budgeted hours of project assignments for completion as expected by internal and external clients.
- Prioritize assigned tasks to effectively meet the needs of the business.
- Communicate status of all assigned tasks verbally or in writing to the appropriate management for tracking and communicating to internal and external clients as needed.
- High school diploma required. Some college or technical training preferred.
- Prefer MCSE, A+, or N+ certified or in progress
- One to two years' experience in a technical support role in a LAN/WAN networked environment including hands-on experience installing, maintaining and troubleshooting personal computers, laptops and peripheral equipment that are comparable to those used at client. Experience with VPN and broadband networking preferred.
- General knowledge of MS Office and other common desktop applications and network and workstation operating systems that are used at client
- General knowledge of the Internet web browsers and e-mail systems used at client
- Good written communication skills and strong verbal communication skills, particularly with end-users who have varying degrees of computer knowledge
- Self-starter with a willingness to ask questions and actively seek out answers
- Ability to work closely with others as a solid team player
- A positive attitude and ability to handle stress in a fast-paced environment
- Windows 7/10
- Networking Background
- Imaging PC's
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.