Our Client is seeking an Oracle Database Administrator
in their Alpharetta office for an exciting project.
This individual will be
the front line of defense against any and all Oracle database concerns that occur. This person should come from a similar role to provide on-site support of a 24x7 data center. You will work with first hand with the latest proven technologies, and work side by side with members of other technology related fields.
location: Alpharetta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Job Responsibilites:
This position will maintain Oracle databases in a client-facing environment where the DBA will support databases across internal and end-user application. Additional Responsibilities include:
- Improvements of database integrity through quality assurance and managing the change control process related to the Oracle environment.
- analyze existing database applications for performance tuning, alerting & monitoring, working with application developers to integrate efforts with relational databases, participate in team or company projects as required, maintain state-of-the-art knowledge of existing best practices in database administration, design, and implementation, capacity planning and provides on-site support.
- Support production and development database environments for Oracle and act on trouble tickets
- Perform change and deployment tasks Provide on-site support with the team
- Monitor production database environment
- Perform updates/changes during maintenance windows
- Understand current capacity issues and the capacity planning processes
- Work with team to review change requests
- Participate in software deployments
- Understand and utilize the ITIL Change Management process
- Maintain the health of the production,(and/or lower region) environments
- Assimilate organizational objectives into operational action plans Document wok processes.
qualifications: Job Requirements:
- At least 3+ years' experience working as an Oracle DBA in an enterprise environment along with the same experience in one of the other platforms mentioned, Informix or DB2.
- Experience with backup processes & procedures
- Experience with Golden Gate is a plus but not required.
- Experience with Oracle Exadata Engineered Appliances
- Current technical certifications are a plus but not required.
Bachelor degree in computer science, business, or information technology
skills: Job Skills:
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills
- Ability to develop and troubleshoot change scripts as needed
- The ability to document standard operational procedures
- Knowledge and experience with capacity planning as it pertains to databases
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.