Senior Devops Engineers provide specialist operational support and expertise for key strategic cloud-based solutions. In this position, you will become an expert in the support of the application (e.g. deployment and troubleshooting) along with the delivery pipeline; moving through pre-production, production and DR environments. You will also be expected to become familiar with the purpose and function of middleware, interfaced systems and DevOps automation. As you would expect for systems processing personal data, security and compliance must be carefully considered and preserved on all technical work being performed.
location: Alpharetta, Georgia
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
- Manage, configure, secure, support and troubleshoot applications and services on associated physical and virtual servers.
- Work will be performed in coordination with fellow team members to ensure all systems remain functional, available and secure.
- Requires versatility and appropriate levels of competency in several IT domains of knowledge including Microsoft servers/services (including .NET and SQL), Linux servers/services, DevOps automation tools (Jenkins, Ansible, etc.) and scripting.
- Linux (CentOS/Amazon Linux) system engineering expertise
- Configuration management systems
- Knowledge of containerization technologies such as Docker / Rancher / Kubernetes / AWS ECS
- Networking knowledge (AWS VPC experience is a plus)
- In depth knowledge of AWS IAM Policy Construction / Management
- High-availability approaches including load balancing, dynamic scaling, and capacity planning
- Experience with Jenkins 2.0 for Pipeline construction
- Experience using metrics and monitoring to ensure customer SLA objectives are met
- Experience operating Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Google Compute, Azure) and their PaaS based components (Elastic Beanstalk, Cloudfront, S3, RDS, etc.)
- Experience working with Application Lifecycle Management tools such as Dynatrace or Wily.
- Excellent written communication, problem solving, and process management skills
- Has worked in an Agile development environment
- Maven / Gradle / NPM
- Grunt / Gulp / Webpack
skills: AWS, Configuration Management, DevOps, Jenkins, CI/CD,
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.