Front-End Developer with UI Design experience
The ideal candidate should have excellent front end skills, be fluent in React, and able to transform mockups into beautiful, intuitive and functional user experiences. The ideal candidate will have some design experience and will have experience working in agile teams with developers and can work as a designer when needed. Should be able to make deliberate design decisions that translate any given user-experience journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction.
location: Southlake, Texas
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
* Create front end designs from mockups, user flows and process flow to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
* Write detailed tests along with code and not treat tests as last-minute additions.
* Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
* Collaborates with product management and owners to define and implement innovative solutions for the products direction, visuals and experience.
* Bring the vision of the User Experience to a reality.
* Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
* Deliver requirements on time in a truly done state.
* Designing and implementing components as code and fast learning are key to this position.
* Up-to-date with latest UI trends, techniques and technologies including React, Balsamiq, CSS3, Sketch, Photoshop etc
* Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and stakeholders.
* Be able to execute visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to full implementation.
* Continuously bringing forth original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
* Knowledgeable on the 12-factor app methodology
Skills / Experience
* Working experience with GIT
* Experience working in an Agile environment
* Photoshop / Gimp
* Node and NPM knowledge
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.