A Senior Java Developer will perform as the technical expert in the development of Corporate Finance Technology applications. They will assist with the development and design of applications related to Treasury and Network Counterparty relationship management. The role includes proposals, projects, and promoting new architecture tools, processes, and techniques. The candidate will assist in identifying, defining, and analyzing legacy and emerging systems and software designs.
location: New York, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 60 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Completes development, configuration and unit testing of high complexity areas
- Resolves complex defects during testing phases
- Provides guidance to developers in resolving defects
- Supports and executes performance testing
- Provides guidance on infrastructure and environment setup
- Ensures best practices are followed from a technical perspective during all phases of the project
- Advises on architectural decisions and design
- Creates integration and application technical design documentation
- Provides guidance on intended solution and best practices during development, configuration and testing phases
- Extensive Java, J2EE n-tier application experience
- Ability to design enterprise wide, large scale implementations
- Extensive experience with SOAP/REST web service development
- Experience with BPM and Rules Engine a plus.
- Working knowledge with WebSphere Application server/Tomcat is required.
- Strong knowledge of Spring framework is a must
- Strong knowledge and experience with relational database technologies preferably with experience in an ORM persistence tool such as JPA/ Hibernate
- Must have experience in building SQL queries and writing complex SQL queries.
- (Optional) Experience with stored procedures and must understand basic principles of data modeling
- Strong Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be skilled at writing specifications that other programmer can use to code data interfaces, user interfaces and workflows
- Familiar with development tools such as GIT, SVN, JIRA and Maven
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related work experience required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.