Sr. Network Engineer
We are currently seeking a Full Time Sr. Network Engineer for the Houston, TX area for a excellent client of ours with exceptional benefits!
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8 to 5
An ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring the day-to-day network operation and monitoring, find and technically solve problems related to network with a business approach. You will work with the IT team in a worldwide scope to implement new system address security concerns. Responsibilities:
- Network supervision (physical assets and LAN/MAN/WAN circuits)
- Implement hardware version upgrade in a non-disruptive mode
- Propose and implement new solution to support business growth, quickly and efficiently
- Network documentation, diagram & how-to
- Will be required to work beyond normal business hours and be on call
- 8-10 years as Network Administrator in a multi-cultural environment
- 4-5 years experience working with international teams, trading/oil-gas to understand business constraints required.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering or related IT Course
- Very strong technical skills on Cisco Equipment - CCNP certification required
- Security Platform Cisco ASA / CheckPoint
- Monitoring expertise SNMP/Netflow - WAN and LAN Network
- EIGRP/OSPF - BGP - DMVPN - Switching Catalyst VSS & Nexus platform
- Wi-fi deployment on Aruba
- Flexible and available out of business hours
- Ready to work long hours when required
- Highly responsive, energetic and enthusiastic
- Capable of prioritizing tasks and meeting critical deadlines
- Structured and rigorous
- Can work under pressure with good stress management
- Excellent judgment, attention to details
- Can work independently and report to the Network Team leader.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Solution and results oriented
- Team player, with an open non-political style and a high level of personal integrity
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.