Enterprise Monitoring Specialist III
The position is for an Enterprise Monitoring Specialist with experience in Enterprise Monitoring suites, such as AppDynamics, Solarwinds, Sitescope, and HP monitoring suite. This position requires an individual that can take on efforts ranging from planning, scheduling with various teams, implementing, troubleshooting, general administration, and training of new users of the tool. This person will interact with application managers, support personnel, and developers on a regular basis, so communication skills are extremely important.
location: Washington, Washington, D.C.
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 45 per hour
work hours: 8am to 6pm
- Administer, configure, and support AppDynamics, Solarwinds SAM, HP Sitescope, and other monitoring tools deployed in the company
- Perform cyclical maintenance and updates of the operational landscape (software versions, patches, support to vendor SW/HW maintenance activities, etc.)
- Work with internal clients to onboard applications, create reports, dashboards, and customized views based on business requirements
- Monitor overall operational landscape availability in order to ensure adherence to agreed service levels (the scope is also inclusive of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and weekly reports of activities and operational status)
- Participate in the "On Call" weekly shift during HQ after business hours
- Liaise and coordinate with Project Leads and Developers to effect proper monitoring protocols
- Report on performance and end-user issues
- Create and maintain appropriate documentation and charts describing hardware setups, diagrams, allocations, overall inventory, etc. (this includes suggestions for the update and improvement to existing SOPs)
- Evaluate monitoring applications in the market and perform or support POCs and conduct integration project plans
- Participate in information security audits and implement corrective and preventive action plans approved by unit managers
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Math, Computer Science or Engineering
- Role Specific Experience: 7+ years of experience designing, implementing, and integrating Enterprise Monitoring Systems
- 5+ years experience providing monitoring tools support for applications built on JAVA or .NET platforms.
- 3+ years of experience with logging, monitoring, and event detection on cloud systems
- 2+ years of hands-on AppDynamics experience supporting developers
- 2+ years experience with application development, support, configuration and implementation.
- Experience with integrating ServiceNow, BMC Remedy or other CMDB's
- Experience in working as part of a team in a multi-stream technology program implementation
- Experience with administering and configuring AppDynamics, Solarwinds SAM, HP Sitescope, and other monitoring tools
- Experience with SQL and Oracle Database systems and analysis (managing schemas, reports, db Integration)
- Experience with Unix/Linux and Windows server operating systems
- Experience with Splunk / data analysis
- Experience with writing custom monitoring programs using the Oracle Java API, as well as other monitoring programs using BASH shell script, Java Script, and Perl
skills: - Good knowledge of enterprise systems , networking , TCP/IP
- Good understanding and knowledge of networking, storage, virtualization, and web and cloud technologies
- Demonstrated ITIL v2/v3 process skills
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks under pressure without direct supervision, working both independently and with a team
- Professional presence, with an ability to interact with contractor and staff team members
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.