Sr. Telecom Engineer
A client of ours in the San Antonio area is looking for a Sr Telecommunications Engineer for a permanent opportunity in the San Antonio, TX area.
location: San Antonio, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
- Architect, design, deploy and maintain enterprise telecommunications equipment.
- Diagnoses and repairs equipment as assigned from system level to bench or component replacement.
- Responds to job assignments such as work orders, engineering changes, and trouble calls as required.
- Performs installation and testing of new products individually or as part of a team. Leads installations and upgrades of telecommunications systems.
- Analyzes component requirements of new and upgraded systems.
- Develops documentation to support current and to test planned equipment configurations.
- Develops metrics, measurements and reports related to telecommunications systems.
- Provides on-the-job training to user or other technical personnel.
- Insures adherence to and documentation of routine maintenance schedules. Performs daily maintenance checks and insures proper escalation and resolution to challenges found.
- Provides planning and technical support for enterprise installations as required.
- Inform management of potential service level problems before they occur and communicate solutions.
- Schedule and prioritize work to accommodate customer needs while minimizing impact on current operations.
- Evaluate and recommend vendor products and services
- Coordinate and oversee vendor installations and maintenance personnel.
- Adhere to privacy and confidential and proprietary company policies and procedures (i.e. HIPAA).
- Five (5) plus years of experience in architecting, deploying and supporting Telecom PBX's
- Certification in one or more systems or technologies may be required as necessary.
- Prior experience with large to very large enterprise environments that include multiple site location
- Detailed knowledge of PCI and HIPPA Privacy Acts and other IT Compliance Frameworks
- Preferred bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent combination or experience and education
- 8x8, nContact, Fuse (some type of Cloud based PBX) experience
- Understand contact center
- Must be able to design; architecture is nice to have
- Patch, upgrades, troubleshooting
- Must be able to set up SIP Trunk
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.