This position is for a contractor on the Security Pricing and Oversight NAV team in FFS 2020 Program. The team develops solutions based on a Microservice , Node.js / Java libraries and third party vendor products. We leverage the latest available tools (NextGen Applications [NGA], Node.js, Grunt, Mocha, Jasmine), and practice Pair Programming and Test Driven Development. By following full continuous delivery and LEAN we deliver value to our clients more quickly. . The work stream is particularly responsible in implementing Global solutions to the trading critical applications - Security Pricing and Oversight NAV.
location: Malvern, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
·Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides intermediate level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of applications and databases for mainframe-, client/server-, Web-, and/or PC-based software or middleware. Integrates third party products.
2. Translates technical specifications, and/or logical and physical design into code for new or enhancement projects for internal clients. Develops code and test artifacts that reuse subroutines or objects, is well structured, backed by automated tests, includes sufficient comments and is easy to maintain. Writes programs, appropriate test artifacts, ad hoc queries, and reports. Employs contemporary software development techniques to ensure tests are implemented in a way that supports automation.
3. Elevates code into the development, test, and Production environments on schedule. Provides follow up Production support.
4. Follows software development methodology. Follows architecture standards.
5. Participates in design, code, and test Inspections throughout life cycle to identify issues. Participates in other meetings, such as those for use case creation.
6. Participates in systems analysis activities, including system requirements analysis and definition (e.g., prototyping), and logical and physical design.
7. Writes the system/technical portion of assigned deliverables, including the Version Description Document. Assists technical team members with the system/technical portion of their deliverables (e.g., systems testers, test plans). On small teams, the developer may write these items.
8. Thoroughly understands client business functions and technology needs. Has a broad understanding of client's technologies, tools, and applications, including those that interface with business area and systems. Maintains a comprehensive understanding of Investment Management business functions (Equity, Fixed Income, ETF, Foreign Exchange, and/or OTC contracts). Combines technical and functional knowledge to produce highly functional solutions to Investment Management business problems. Has a broad understanding of client's technologies, tools, and applications, including those that interface with business area and systems.
9. Maintains a broad understanding of the roles of front, middle and back office, and designs systems to enable efficient business processes while maintaining necessary controls. Maintains a broad understanding of the roles of external partners (Custodial Banks, Brokers, and Regulatory Bodies) and designs systems to enable efficient business processes while maintaining necessary controls.
10. Complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established milestones. Complies with all Information Security policies and procedures, and verifies deliverables meet Information Security requirements.
11. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
·Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
·Three years developer or systems analyst experience. Investment Systems experience preferred.
·Knowledge specific to the Investment Management business in the following areas:
- Investment Management Business and/or Completion of IMS curriculum level 1.
- At least 1 Investment Systems Area (Portfolio Management, Order Management, Data Management, Risk Management).
- Investment Management business processes.
- Investment and Operational Risk Controls.
·Strong written and oral communication skills.
·Strong, demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills.
·Strong planning and organizational skills.
·Intermediate knowledge of the following development practices and concepts:
- Production acceptance, including elevations and change management.
- Interfaces, feeds, and event schedules.
- Quality assurance methodology and Inspections.
- Use case standards.
- Systems analysis and design techniques.
- System/subsystem requirements.
- Libraries, reusable code, and/or object oriented standards.
- Screen, report, and query design.
·Intermediate knowledge of current versions of the following products:
- Microsoft Office Suite.
·Demonstrate a track record of strong design and implementation skills/capabilities.
·Intermediate knowledge of the following;
CANDIDATES WITH OUT THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
- Hands on Java experience in a large enterprise
- Knowledge of database systems like Oracle and SQL Server
- Hands on development in Financial Services Industry
- Angular.jv, XML and Rest API knowledge
- Java MT, UI, Spring , Hadoop, Tableau
skills: Skill Requirements:
o Strong experienced with Java, Spring.
o Strong experience with developing Java REST services
o Experience with test automation and test-driven development practices and frameworks - mutation testing, functional testing (JUnit, Cucumber), mock frameworks (Mockito, etc.), contract testing
o Familiarity with DevOps concepts, tools and continuous delivery pipelines - Bamboo, Jenkins, Maven, Bitbucket, Jira, etc.
o Experienced with software engineering fundamentals including object-oriented design, data structures, dependency injection, testable code, and algorithms.
o Able to write clean, maintainable code, and read code created by others.
o Quick learner who can learn and develop utilizing a new framework within a single sprint.
o Be Innovative, creative, flexible and passionate about software engineering, the engineering lifecycle, and creating great, usable, software solutions.
o Understand and leverage hypothesis driven development techniques to craft experiments that drive certainty.
o Be skilled in communicating technical information with both technical and non-technical peers.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.