Ruby on Rails Developer
EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FOR RUBY ON RAILS DEVELOPER IN MONROEVILLE, PA
New business solution's team focuses on one goal, providing tools to help homecare providers do a better job of following up with their patients on a more timely, proactive and cost effective basis.
The team's R&D department deploys Agile Development principles to provide innovative solutions. As one of the first companies in Pittsburgh to use Ruby and Rails in a production environment, it encourages developers to leave their comfort zone, touch all aspects of the application suite, and come up with creative solutions.
location: Murrysville, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 60 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Assist in the responsible design, development, and deployment of NBS(new business solutions) products.
- This includes using agile principles to implement a solution, including tests, and assisting with the deployment of new releases.
- Must be accountable and responsible for working on business critical products that operate 24/7/365 and are distributed nationwide to many clients.
- Provide 3rd level support.
- Bachelor's degree in technology field required.
skills: We are looking for
- Experience in Ruby
- Experience in Rails
o Experience completing a Rails upgrade
- Experience with Apache and Phusion Passenger
- Thorough knowledge of clustered Web-based Systems
- Practical experience with RHEL or CentOS
- Experience containerizing applications using Docker
- Fluent in Object-Oriented Programming.
- Knowledge of MySQL
o MySQL tuning
o MySQL query optimization
- Experience with DevOps in a clustered Rails environment
- Knowledge in Java a plus.
- Knowledge in Clojure a plus.
- Knowledge in JRuby a plus.
- Willingness to learn.
- Business Experience & Specialized Knowledge/Skills.
- Demonstrated self-starter, interpersonal skills, creative problem solving skills.
- The ability to work in a team environment.
- Attention to detail and quality required.
- Issue logging, tracking, analysis, reporting and management.
- Release control and coordination for multiple products.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.